Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

More Greeting Farm for The Stamp Spot to Celebrate the Launch of Anya Ink

This week I was going to move away from The Greeting Farm stamps and play with something different for My Stamp Spot DT day - but with Marcia and Tracey launching the first challenge on Anya Ink last Sunday I just HAD to use one - apart from the fact I love them!!!

This fabulous image was sent to me by my fellow Stamp Spot DT member, the lovely Sue - thanx Sue! I also wanted to use this gorgeous Poppy DP by SEI that Marcia sent me - check out the range at The Stamp Spot store here. I've used a strip of the reverse side near the bottom of the card, with a thin strip of Not Quite Navy CS on top. I used some thin double sided tape to attach the blue strip - but it was slightly wider than the CS - the solution - tip some glitter on the excess glue for a bit of sparkle!

The finishing touches involve nestabilities and cuttlebug embossing folders - both available from Marcia - the nesties do need to be pre-ordered though.

This afternoon I am heading out with my daughter to go shopping for an outfit for each of us for her graduation dinner later this month - I can't believe she's nearly finished High School!!! It will be a proud moment for her ol' mum and dad with her having to give a speech too - as outgoing College Vice Captain. She's been an amazing girl to bring up - just hope her brother is as easy through the High School years - LOL

xXx

6 comments:

Kellie said...

As always your card is just stunning, colouring amazing! Love the LO and designs, love, love LOVE it! Too talented miss Debbie. I'm sure your going to have a fab day shopping, new shoes I'm guessing hehe. Better make sure you take some tissues to the night ;) BIG hugs xx

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh I love it Debbie. It is so cute. I have this image laying around too and you have made me want to really use it now.
mwah
Trace

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

You are good at these aren't you? I love your colouring, perfect!

:) Marcia P

Annette Bowes said...

Oh Debbie, just beautiful, like the glitter tip, what am I going to do though, every time I visit your blog, temptation is waiting, just love this image reminds me of my daughter who always has her head in a book!! Hope you had a fantastic day shopping and both got fit up, take careX:)

Leigh said...

Excellent glitter idea Debbie. Love those roses, lol. I now own some too. Great card.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I LOVE this card! All the colors jump out at me... and paper piecing her dress was brilliant! You used the perfect paper scale-wise.

I love to read. Too bad I don't have time to read anything but email and blog posts these days!

Congrats on your daughters upcoming graduation! did you find fabulous dresses? You'll definitely have to post up pictures when the time comes.

xOx Lisa