Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Kellie's Magnolia Down Under Store - A Good Luck Card

Last Friday night I received some HAPPY MAIL from my lovely friend Kellie and new Boss Lady - I got some samples of the new Magnolia DP she's stocking in the new Magnolia Down Under Online Store! I also got some new rubber - oooh this is fun being on her DT! So what did I do you ask - I disappeared into my craft room and PLAYED of course!!!! I had this card made and in the mail on Saturday - a little something to send back to the lovely Kellie to wish her all the best for her new adventure. Of course I've delayed posting it here to give Kellie a surprise when she opens the envelope!

I've just received an email from Kellie to say it's arrived - so now I get to show it to you too - my second post today - unheard of - LOL

Kellie sent me the gorgeous "Kitchen" dresser stamp and I have used it a little differently here. For starters I chopped the top section off and used it as a window!!! I know - it looks fabulous where it is, but I really wanted this Tilda to be sitting on top of the drawers and something had to go! AND it shows you the versatility of the stamp so it's not ALL bad - LOL.

The drawers are actually layered 3 times - to give some depth to the image - very hard to capture in a photo - and there are mini rhinestone drawer knobs too!! Each jam jar is sitting on a different layer, and the top layer is just the drawers.

xXx

18 comments:

Leigh said...

Oh my goodness, Debbie, this is just fabulous. I love the way the you've done the window (thought it was a separate stamp), your layering and colouring are surperb. What a beautiful card.

Tracey Feeger said...

Debbie this looks fabulous. Love the way you have used the stamp. Makes it much more versatile.
mwah
Trace

Karen said...

Oh yay - its gonna let me comment today! lol

Love your card Deb and that was so clever to cut the dresser up like that! Just beautiful!

Karen
x

Jean McKenzie said...

Debbie, you amaze me - how do you do such beautiful cards!! Love love it!! You are just too clever and your colouring as usual is perfect!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Sweetness plus!!! Love the layering and colouring. Super inspiration. xxx

Annette Bowes said...

Absolutely stunning, just love the way you have layered the drawers, the effect is fantastic, great view from the window, oh and as usual outstanding colouring, take careX:)

Lynda said...

If u listen really carefully to this card Debbie, you can hear the homely clink and clatter of pots and pans far off in the kitchen. There are so many wonderful elements to this card and Kellie is one v v luck lass to have someone as Speccy as you to send her something as beautiful as this.

stephanne said...

Awwwww, too sweet of you. Sometimes I wonder if the givers are on the low end of recieving, you know? But no no no!! We will keep Kellie's mailbox full of love as well!! And the card is gorgeous, wonderful work with the armoire, great idea with the window, and of course, the colouring and papers are beautiful. Great work, very inspiring :)

Kristine said...

OH MY GOODNESS, Debbie, Debbie, DEBBIE!!! :) LOL LOVE this so much!!! I so HAVE to get that li'l cabinet now, and you are such a genious to stamp a few drawers for the window!! :) This is sooo beautiful. LOVE the Jam Tilda too and your soft colors are just perfect. LOVE THIS!!!!

Merry said...

This is so lovely and so much detail. I really like how you added the window. Congrats for being on the Design Team.

Kellie said...

This just blew me away when it arrived in my letterbox. I was not expecting any love like this coming my way, but WOW I was so happy it did! I have been showing anyone that comes in my door and even hubby that isn't all that into cards thought it was amazing to make the cabinet into a window! I think I'll be using that idea Debbie as will many others, fantastic inspiration, thank you so, so much I just love, love, love, love, love did I say love? haha it! Thank you 100 times over xxoo

Debra james said...

What a clever Lady u are. That card looks brilliant and your idea to use the little cabinet as a window- genius. Locking that a way for future!!!!! LOL. You are so right- this is so much fun being on Kellies Design Team. Hugs Debra

Janet said...

Hope this doesn't double post - tried before & it wouldn't work! This is so cute! I love the rhinestone drawer pulls! Very creative to make a window out of part of the stamp as well. Thanks for stopping by my blog & leaving such a nice comment - I'm so glad I got the chance to return the favor.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Goodness what a masterpiece this is! I can just imagine how spectacular it looks with all that layering and the rhinestone knobs! I think you are very clever to use part of the dresser stamp as a window. Is that a Magnolia stamp, too?

sandra said...

I looooooooove this Magnolia stamps!!!
You made master work!
HUGS!
Sandra!

Sue said...

Debbie, I saw your card on Kellie's store website. Clever girl, love the kitchen. Will probably be months before we get it here. Great card as were the others posted on the site.

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

This is stunning Debbie, very creative too.

:) Marcia P

Philippa Petty said...

This is so pretty Debbie. I loved this so much I just went on Kellie's shop and brought it. Bad girl I am.