Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Boys Will Be Boys

I've gone with a fairly simple card this week for my day at The Stamp Spot - it's been a little crazy in my part if the world! The senior high school students are finishing up and I both have a daughter in year 12 and I work at a High School - so "muck up" week is here big time for me - LOL.

I have decided to go back to a more innocent age - my son's! He has a number of friends turning 11 and 12 so I thought I could use this for one of them. I think Skater Ian is perfect for a boy's card - and mixed with bold colours and cuttlebug embossing he looks fabulous. I do have a confession - I cut the wheels off his skateboard by mistake - so he's now sporting ones made of buttons - hope he doesn't mind - LOL. The fabulous DP I've used is from Cosmo Cricket's The Boyfriend range and it called Driver's Ed - how perfect for this image!

I just had to use a Greeting Farm stamp this week as Marcia has just received some brand new ones instore - check them out here. And don't forget her marvellous paper sale, new embellishments and other fabulous new stamps!

Don't forget to stop in and check out what the rest of the fabulous The Stamp Spot DT have been up to too.

xXx

11 comments:

Kellie said...

Simple? Well simple but effective! This just screams boy all over and I love it! That embossing is the perfect added touch and your colouring WOWZER girl! I also love the effect of the coloured thread through the buttons, I think it;s safe to say I just plain ol love it!
Hugs, Kel

Tracey Feeger said...

I agree with kellie. It is a great card even though it is simple. I love it. Great all over.
mwah
Trace

Leigh said...

Cool card for a boy of that age Debbie.

Annette Bowes said...

Another great card! Still loving that colouring, take careX:)

Leonie said...

Fabulous as always Debbie, your card rocks!

Kristine said...

Awww, this is PERFECT I would think for an 11 or 12 yr. old boy Debbie! And sometimes, GIRLS will be boys as well, LOL! Just kidding. My 9 yr old daughter LOVES her skateboard. It's so wierd to think that it's October and your school year is like several months off from ours here in the states. Or maybe it's US that's behind you! LOL Anyway, I remember all those Senior year festivities and can imagine you would be a li'l frazzled right about now! =) Wish you the best... and your sr. daughter as well!!

Lynda said...

Your Skater Ian is WAYYYYYYYYYY cooler than my 2 attempts Debbie...LOL!! I love this for boys 9-14ish. Haven't used him with THAT c'bug backgroung tho. He is so edgey...I love hIM!!! FAB...or shd that be.....RAD??? :)

Merry said...

What a terrific card....great boys card.

Cheryl said...

Brilliant,your papers and embossing are perfect......and amazing colouring!!!
xx

Stamp and Smile said...

End of the school year and your daughter is graduating this year... You are BUSY! We just started our school year in September, but we have the cold coming and you have warm on it's way! :)

Fantastic card... LOVE the CuttleBug embossing, you're enabling me! (I don't have some of the latest images YET!) Perfect card for a 11-12 boy with your spiral punch, buttons and ROCKN' image!! Hugs... :)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I think the button wheels are cool!

I keep forgetting about the craziness of this year of school for your daughter. It's all off kilter with the US school system. Sometimes I think school is harder on the parents than the kids!

Hang in there. And all my best wishes to Sarah from across the big huge pond.

Love ya,
Lisa