Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What Have I Been Up Too???

I haven't had much crafting time lately as last week was my daughter's final week at High School!! Yup - she's all done bar the actual exams. At last Friday's Graduation Dinner there were plenty of tears shed as the kids farewelled their school days and some favourite teachers.

During the week we had friends over for dinner, early morning champagne breakfasts, school uniform "re-designing" for the last day, the final parade of the year 12s to school and the Graduation Dinner - what a week!!! And considering I work at a High School - the one my daughter's boyfriend attends! - I seem to have done a lot of it twice - LOL.

And then to top it off I had my family over for lunch on Sunday - a small gathering of 17!

Anyway - I thought I'd share some pics from Sarah's last day. I've always been proud of her and this last day was no exception. She left the Graduation Dinner carrying a framed certificate she was awarded - along with a cheque for $300 - for her outstanding contribution to the college. Now onto the pics...

"Muck-up" morning and breakfast with the teachers - Sarah (2nd from right, the short blonde - shhhh - don't tell her I called her short - LOL) and her beautiful "girlies" in their altered school uniforms!

Those same 4 gorgeous young ladies later in the day at their Graduation Dinner - what a difference a few hours make - LOL.

xXx

16 comments:

Liam said...

sounds like you have been a busy little bee. What fab photos. Hope the graduation dinner went well.

Liam

Annette Bowes said...

Wow you have been a busy girl. Lovely photos remind me of Cinderella, hope you all had a fab Graduation Dinner, you will have to chill out this week. Congratulations to Sarah and friends on their graduations Well Done! Take CareX:)

Leigh said...

Oh wow Debbie, excellent photos. I bet she's pleased it's all over but sad too.

Leonie said...

I am feeling abit misty eyed for you Deb! You must be as proud as punch!

Ramona Michaluk said...

What a busy time you've had Debbie - Sarah looks lovely in the photos and I'm sure she's happy that this last school year is over.
Give her my best wishes for the future - I know you must be so proud of her and are looking forward to her next journey down the road of life!
Hope you both take time to relax and celebrate now.
Hugs,
Ramona xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oh ... how lovely for you Debbie ... to be able to share in this special time with your daughter. She looks gorjuss ... just like her mum!!! I have been there 3 times ... and will have another next year ... then will have to wait a few years for Sandy to get there! :D You must be so proud of Sarah ... and all she has achieved. I hope her exams go well. And ... I hope you have time to relax a little this week! Hugs, Andrea xxx

Anonymous said...

oh so fun! I am so happy you shared these with us! She is adorable, and what happy times! Enjoy every second! Hugs

Cheryl said...

Well you have been busy,your photos are fabulous and I bet your wondering where the time went!!! The girls look gorgeous all dressed up,I wish Sarah all the best!!
xx

Diamond Doll said...

Wow what fabulous pics your Daughter is so lovely you should be very proud.
Trish (-:

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Love their school uniforms, what a great thing to do.

The girls looked gorgeous and so happy. Wow how the time flies, as parents you can't help but try and keep them as your little ones forever, but they can't be.

:) Marcia

Sue said...

Debbie, your daughter is beautiful. I see by her altering her school uniform she has her Mom's flair for color!!! Leaving High School is so emotional, enjoy every minute of her journey with her.

Karen said...

Great Photos Deb - you're daughter is such a pretty little thing! Love the idea of altered school uniforms! lol

Karen
x

Philippa Petty said...

Congrat's on your big girl leaving high school. What a moment. You must be so proud. Take in the moment and enjoy.
Philippa xxoo

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Wow you have been busy! Congrats on your gorgeous Sarah finishing year 12, you must be a very proud Mumma right now.
xx

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Congratulations to Sarah! She is so beautiful, Debbie. Truly!

And congratulations to you for surviving it all! You'll have to explain more to me about the Australian school system. I think some of the things you describe we do here, too, but maybe call them something different?

Stamp and Smile said...

Con'Grat's to your daughter Sarah!! Se is beautiful and so is her friends... and very grown up! I wish her the best in her future plans... you stay strong Debbie! I'm sure it's hard seeing her graduate!! Hugs.. :)