Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Anya Ink Challenge #1

YAY - I'm finally starting to feel like I'm getting back on track now! The kids are back and school and routines are back in place - for the most part! Now I can have a chance to play a little!

I really wanted to join in over at Anya Ink's first ever challenge, especially as it combines a colour combo I love with stamps I love - pink and brown with white or cream! I've layered 2 of my Fleur de Lis Nestabilities to create a snowflake - have you noticed I love snowflakes yet - LOL. Some fab DP from my stash created the perfect backdrop! I also added some white flower soft from The Stamp Spot to her earmuffs, muff and pom-poms. I figured the snowflake and Miss Anya were the stars here so I didn't need to much other embellishment!

Now why a Winter card when we're halfway through Spring here in Melbourne!?!?!?! Let me show you the weather on the day I was creating this - brrrrrrr. This hail storm was pretty heavy - I was soooo glad I had just got home from work and didn't need to go out again!!!

You gotta love Melbourne weather - it certainly can keep you guessing!!

xXx

13 comments:

Jac’s Playground said...

Gorgeous card, love the softness of it. love the flower soft too I used some for the first time today on a card and was really pleased with the result.

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh Debbie this is absolutely gorgeous. You certainly make me want that Fleur de Lis nestabilities. Mmmmmm another thing for my list.

Thanks so much for joining the first Anya Ink challenge. You have rocked it.
mwah
Trace

Leigh said...

Great idea for the snowflake Debbie. Again your colouring is beautiful.

Fran said...

i love your snow flake, thats such a clever idea, i definitly want those nesties too now. The flower soft also gives a great fuzzy effects, this is such a cute card!

Mandy Schiller said...

Very cute and soft Debbie! Gorgeous as usual!

Mandyxx

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

The flower soft worked well on there, the perfect touch. Great card, love your snowflake.

Melbourne weather? Think Perth is just as bad at the moment. We are having a heat wave, three days running without rain ... about to change tomorrow though!

Thanks for joining in at Anya Ink this week, look forward to seeing you back next week.

:) Marcia P

Lynda said...

Loving the Anya card Debbie. V v cool and I love the Fleur de Lis. We had v v bad hail here is Syd y'day...At Campbelltown (a ways fm here) they were making snowmen fm the hail cause there was soooooo much of the stuff!! Where I am...it is now v v dark and gloomy...looks like we're in for it again. Wish me luck!!

Alison said...

You like Snowflakes - really LOL.

The Fleur de Lis gives such a great background effect and the colours are beautiful. Nice finishing touch with the flower soft.

Glad I missed that weather, although it was almost as bad in NSW.
xox

Anonymous said...

YIKES that stinks....and just is so depressing to know that it will be our weather soon.....not a happy camper thinking about it. My bones hurt already....but I Love your card!

nessy said...

what a gorgeous card debbie ~just love your large snowflake (what a fab idea)and such delicate colours you have used ~perfect
vanessa xx

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I'm loving Miss Anya Snow... the flower soft was the perfect touch... and those Spellbinders pendants are gorgeous! I have one I haven't even used yet. Must get started!

How funny that you've had hail in the spring. Mother Nature loves to play games with us, doesn't she?

I've had a crazy week, but hope to catch up with emails this weekend... you are at the top of my list!

Hugs and love from across the many miles in what you would think to be lovely spring weather...

Lisa

sandra said...

I think that you invite this weather with your snowflake.he,he,he...
Card is perfect as always!!!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Stamp and Smile said...

Hi Debbie!! I love the Nestie die used to create your snowflake... and thanks for enabling me! Ha... :)

Fantastic piece of art and great details. We have snow coming our way and it will be our first sighting since last winter! And the fall colors are so bright now. Enjoy your weekend! :)