Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Get Well Card for a Friend

I made this card the other evening for a friend of mine who was feeling poorly. I thought this cute Greeting Farm stamp (Hope and Grace Snuggle) - I got from The Stamp Spot would fit the bill perfectly for a get well card - everyone needs a hug, even at my age! I used some Basic Grey DP and my Fiskars border punch to create a background - and I used the double sided tape and glitter trick again to give the border heaps of sparkle to help brighten up the sickie's day!

I've heard my friend loved the card and now I have a coffee date to look forward to soon - I rarely say no to a coffee date, especially when we are including dessert - LOL. I know this is bad but the diet's already out the window - hubby returned home from Brussels with a HUGE box of Belgian Chocolates - YUM!!!!

Have just heard from Marcia she has some new Greeting Farm stamps on their way to The Stamp Spot - so don't forget to check in to see if they've arrived!

Hope you are all fighting fit and ready to craft!

xXx

18 comments:

Robyn said...

Hi Deb! Don't worry- you wouldn't be human if you turned down belgian chocolates that your hubby brought back from Brussels!!

Sue said...

Aw, Deb, the image is so adorable and colored to perfection, of course your friend loved it and I'm sure it brought a smile to her face. Love the border.

Emily said...

Just adorable Debbie! Love the flowers you added:))

Kellie said...

This card would bring a smile to anyone's dial, it's so gorgeous Debbie, as always of course! I love the colours, everything as always everything about it I love! *cough, cough* ooooo I think I'm not feeling well I might need one too, hehehe, :P Kidding. Loves ya xx

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Hi Debbie, such a pretty card, love those sweet papers and the border looks fab! hope you enjoyed your delicious choccys!
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

sandra said...

Everyone would be feeling much better wen getting this cute card!!!
Hope your friend will be better soon!
Card is soooo cute,I love this stamp!
Simple and sweet!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Alison said...

This card is sooo sweet and that Fiskars punch is so nifty. I love the colours you have used. How could you say no to Belgian Chocolates when your hubby brought them all the way from Brussels??? YUUMMMM

craftieodmae said...

The card alone would make me feel better, it's gorgeous!!

Ramona Michaluk said...

Really beautiful card Debbie - love the way you've combined that paper with the leafy frame and those fabulous roses - just awesome!

I'm sure your friend will perk up when she receives this gorgeous card - love it!
Hugs,
Ramona xx

Lynda said...

Who wouldn't feel better after receiving this Debbie. She is just magical!! The Fiskars punch makes a wonderful frame and the colours mellow and warm beautifully. Stunning.

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Chocolate? Did someone mention choccie!?

Great card, I am still to do the reverse tape and glitter thing - it comes out so good!

:) Marcia P

Lisa Hjulberg said...

One more stop on my limited blog surfing during my lunch hour...I can't wait another moment to see what you've been up to! And we're off to an excellent start! How cute this is! I'm a sucker for all things TGF. I have got to try that sticky glittery border thing you're doing (that's the technical description...ha!).

Save some chocs for me!

Now, on to see more...

LINDA said...

What a fantastic card.. such a darling image and colored just perfect..
Hugs, Linda

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so sweet Deb!! I just love that adorable image, the papers and your design!! This beauty is sure to cheer your friend up when she is not feeling well!

Jodie from Oz said...

Debbie, such a sweet card, beautiful image and love the sparkle. Hope your friend is feeling better soon, I'm sure this will help put a smile on her face. Thanks for the inspiration
Hugs Jodie from Oz

Sammi said...

This is gorgeous!! xxx Bet your friends was really thrilled!
mm... what a lovely hubby you have!

Leigh said...

Fabulous card Debbie. Must get out my Fiskars punch, you've inspired me.

Gardenia said...

I just love this card its just gorgeous!