Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

A Catch Up Of Some Projects!

With all the excitement of announcements and blog candy I thought I would slow down and catch my breath and show you sme projects I haven't posted yet!

This recipe swap was for the theme of Grilling! When we lived in America we became BIG fans of Cajun cooking and all of our visitors got introduced to this fabulous cuisine. Of course I HAD to bring a little bit of Cajun home with me - and many of our friends have enjoyed Cajun Blackened Fish on BBQ days at our house - so what better recipe to share with my fellow swappers. I paper pieced my favourite SU chef and popped some black pearl buttons on his top - very swish! A vibrant little fish from Fishy Friends (retired SU) looks quite happy on Cheffie's platter popped up on Dimensionals - hope he stays that way - LOL! Some Circle Circus stamped on the background for bubbles and a colour scheme to suit the recipe and I was done - and then 6 more needed to send off!

This is the other Card and Tag set I made for my library workshop - see here for the one we'll actually be making on the day and the class info. I wanted to show how the same concept can look soo different with DP. I LOVE this Ski Slope DP - think I have enough stocked for the next 10 years - LOL. I have 3D'd the Christmas tree by stamping and cutting out 3 extras on Old Olive and folding them in half before gluing them together - perfect for the recessed window card! A star brad on top hides the slightly messy top where all the points meet!

And this is the little box and bow we'll be making on the day! The box idea comes from the lovely Stampin' Alley and is 2 1/2" square. The bow is a smaller version of Dawn's from her video here. The bow dawn makes is pretty big so I needed to adjust the measurements to fit this cute box! Wouldn't these look great at each table setting on your Christmas table?

xXx

20 comments:

Annette Bowes said...

Love the recipe card, might just have to try that recipe when it warms up a little for a bbq not much fun in fleeces, be like being back in England. Love your Christmas creations for your library workshop, love the DSP to been hoarding mine though lol, take careX:)

A Consuming Passion said...

Love your recipe card - might even try that one it's getting close to BBQ time now! Love the little box too great gift idea!!

Emily said...

Love all 3 projects Debbie! If you ask me, blackened anything is good! What a clever and super cute recipe card:))

AMY FLEMING said...

Love your projects Debbie!! Especially the recipe card I soooo am going to case it!!
Will be back to stalk soon!
Take care
Aimsxxx

Sue said...

Whew, you have been busy! All of your projects are first class! Love the chef, I have this set and I love it. Clever to use it for a recipe swap, perfect. Card and tag are so nice too. Yes, the box and bow would make great small gifts to put at each table setting and wouldn't the table be so festive. Great work, TFS everything.

LINDA said...

Fantastic Projects!!The recipe sounds so good Im going to try it..Love the little box.. As always you creations are just wonderful..
Hugs, Linda

Tracey Feeger said...

Gorgeous creations Debbie. I love the xmas creations with the DSP. Wonderful.
mwah
Trace

Leigh said...

Fabulous, fabulous projects Debbie. Love the recipe card.

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

All 3 are gorgeous Debbie, you clever girl you!
hugs
Sue x

SueFitz said...

Congrats on your blogoversary!

All are great - but love the recipe card

Teena in Toronto said...

Good job!

Happy blogoversary!

Bec said...

WOW Debbie, these all look amazing.. .... Bec xx

Ramona Michaluk said...

Fabulous projects Debbie - mmm, that recipe looks good, may have to try that one out!

Love your Christmas card and tag and that box looks stunning - the bow on the top is gorgeous!

Glad to see you've had a ball during the holidays.

Hugs,
Ramona xx

Sunshine said...

What can I say that everyone else hasn't said?? These projects are wonderful Debbie! I especially like the box and bow! Wish I could figure out a way to send that in the mail without it being demolished! My bff would adore it!! :)

Unknown said...

Wow Debbie! You are so clever! What amazing creations! I love them all...If I lived near you I would definately be over to learn how to make them. They are just gorgeous!
Alicia xx

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Debbie these are amazing creations, I love them all. Your recipe card is gorgeous - I keep meaning to do my fave recipes up like this, but just never get around to it.

:) Marcia P

Cheryl said...

WOW I have missed some of your brilliant creations,love these.....fab papers and details!!! Thanks for the bow link!!
xx

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh Goodness, where to begin! First, that chef recipe card is too funny with the fish on the platter. I love it!

Your card and tag are gorgeous. I'm especially smitten with the 3D Christmas tree. And wowser on that "bow" made from DP. You are too clever!

xOx Lisa

Kristine said...

Oh FABULOUS Debbie!! LOVE this whole set and your "bow" is just genious!! :) Thank you so much for sharing all your wonderful creativity with US!! :)
Hugs!!

Liam said...

Hi Debbie,

We must have been on the same wavelength with the tree. Love the set you used to create the 3d tree. I haven't been blogging for so long. It is nice to catch up on a few blogs. Love the box too. I love the bow. I love this ds paper too.

Liam