Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Working Around the House


My hubby has been doing some work around the house recently and I couldn't help but colour this little guy up so he could help out - LOL. This is "Fixer Boy" by Mo Manning. I do tend to struggle with boy's cards - my fingers itch to pop on a few flowers, but my 13yo son is my voice of reason and he gave this the thumbs up!

My daughter also had some input - she told me to "dirty up" his overalls - I think she's seen too much of her father's work clothes to think overalls should ever be clean - LOL.

Copics used - Skintones (R20, R11, E11, E00, E000) plus B99, B97, B95, B93, B91, B0000, YG17, YG05, YG03, YG01, C4, C2, C00, E49, E43, E42, E40, E37, E35 E33, E31, E30, YR23, Y19, R08



9 comments:

Jane said...

Fantastic Debbie! I too struggle with "boy" cards!
Hugs
Jane

nicolet said...

What a wonderful boys-card!
Hugs Nicolet

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Lol I love Fixer Boy! The colouring is great...especially his grubby pants ;) hehe. Beautiful colour tones too xx

Carla S. said...

This is adorable, Debbie! Fab coloring of the darling image! Love how you dirtied up his overalls!

Riet said...

So beautiful card Debbie,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

caroline said...

great card Debbie, He reminds me of my little grandson trying to do what daddy and grandad do. Yep he needed grubby pants, your colouring is fab.
caroline

Unknown said...

Fantastic card! Oh I just love it...growing up with a bunch of contractors it hits home! Hugs! Leah Ann

Sharon said...

Wonderful colouring Debbie!
He is adorable :)

Sharon x

Lynda said...

He is so stinkin' cute Debbie....Love him...and even the wee dirty smudges on his overalls. Brilliant. ooxx