Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Circle Shadow Box



The divine Zoe from Make it Crafty has a mind that never seems to stop! Recently she showed us a shadow box she had designed and cut out on her laser cutter and one of my teamies suggested a round one would be fun! Within a couple of hours she was showing us the finished product!!! Of course I HAD to have one to play with and I picked it up from Zoe last weekend when I was in Brisbane for the Scrapbooking and Papercraft Expo. It also comes with the stand which I've just realised I should have painted too - oopsie!

Zoe also gave me some of her newest chipboard embellishments and I used some of them here too - painting them with some dark brown glaze to make them pop - although I gilded the cage in gold gel pen - it really sparkles under light but sadly looks a little dull in my photo! I cut the branches apart to arrange them as I wanted - don't be scared to do this if it suits your project - I do this with pearl flourishes too.

I used some silicon to pop the branches up a bit and then 3 layers of double sided tape for my image - it really gives the project some depth. 

 I spritzed the background with brown on one side - I did this before I glued the frame together so I didn't end up with spray where I didn't want it - well on my project anyway - it's ALL over my desk - LOL.


Here is a close up of the gorgeous fairy image I used - I went with soft tonings as she's such a delicate little miss.

Make it Crafty Digi 
Make it Crafty Chipboard 

Copics used - Skintones (E21, E13, E11, E000, R20, R11) plus E43, E42, E41, E40, R85, R83, R81, R000, YG0000

10 comments:

Debbie Dolphin said...

Sooooooooooooooo gorgeous Debbie..love it xx
Hugs
Debbie xxxx

downrightcrafty said...

FABULOUS!!!!! just so pretty and perfectly put together
Hugs Kate x

Unknown said...

wow!!!!!!!!! stunning absoloutly beautiful too how on earth did you mange to cut her out...geees id have chopped them dangliy bits off..lol!!im just not a god cutter outa...hugs sassyx

Jane said...

Fab, fantastic, amazing.... you get the idea!
Hugs
Jane

Riet said...

This is so wonderful.

Hugs Riet.xx

Exclusively by Mel said...

I love this Debbie, what a gorgeous box!
your design is beautiful, love the colours!
melly. xxx

Moni said...

Stunning card and great details. hugs,moni

Bron said...

This is sooooooooo cute. I love it and want ones, lol!
Gorgeous.
Lv Bron x

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Ooooh Debs I love this! Such a beautiful image and she looks great sitting there in the shadow box! Love that bird cage too :)

Kara Lynne said...

Amazingly clever! I love all your chipboard elements. Great image for the center too!