Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Make It Colourful - Lantern/Candle light Source


It's time for a new challenge over at Make It Colourful  and we're asking you to colour a scene using a lamp or candle as a light source. I decided on taking a break from Christmas cards and chose to use Make it Crafty's Rise and Shine bedroom scene because it had a lamp on the bedside table. I did crop the lamp out and then pop it back in a bit larger as it was my feature light source. I added Sitting Annalise onto the bed and  tried to add shadows and highlights accordingly. I've also used the Swirly Corners chipboard  from Make it Crafty.

Now don't forget to check out the amazing inspiration from the rest of my teamies over in The Gallery and try this out for yourself. I admit I found it tough but I got there in the end so I hope you'll give it a go too!

xXx

12 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

Beautiful card and STUNNING colouring as always
Hugs Kate xx

Dena said...

Hey sweet girl! This card is so very pretty! You did an excellent job with the light source thingy!!! Cute image! That character goes so well with the scene!!!
Hugs to you Debbie!!!
Dena

Carla S. said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Debbie! Fabulous scene and amazing coloring!

Jane said...

What no candle...I jest! i jest!! This is beautiful Debbie, love those pearly embellies x

nessy said...

what a gorgeous little scene you have created debbie ~ beautiful colouring and love the pretty details!
vanessa xx

Renkata said...

ooo wow this is awesome.

Lenie Hempen said...

Wat een prachtige creatie Debbie.
Echt super lief.
Heb een heel fijn weekend.


Gr Leny Hempen

SARA said...

hi Debbie!!!! i love your stile! this card is very beautifullllllllllllllllllllll ;) hugs

Anonymous said...

Oh Debbie, this is beautiful! Love the scene you've created. Your colouring is fantastic
Hugs Julie P

Linda said...

This is just beautiful.. Love it!! Hugs, Linda

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Your shadows and highlights are perfect, Debbie! How clever to create a 'mood' with your pens! Hugs xx