Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Keesh's Inkspiration Colour Challenge #6 & Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #11



When I saw Keesh's colour challenge this week I went WOW - I love these colours together but was too busy to go "play" with them until today! In the meantime I saw Karen Giron's sketch challenge and decided I would combine the two as I thought they would work well together. Looking at the images together there seems to be a butterfly overdose - LOL.



I've used a combination of Garden Whimsy and the new Fresh Cuts set. A touch of Divine Swirls Cuttlebug folder, some Flower Fusion felt flowers and orange rhinestones finish off the look. I found I needed to stamp off the Pumpkin Pie background as it was too strong at first - the poor butterfly got a little lost. The butterfly has also been stamped twice - once to get the detail of his antennae on the card, and the second time to be cut out and raised to add dimension to his wings.

And please don't forget the SCS Victorian Bushfore Non-Raffle - it's ending this Friday - you have to be in it to win one of the wonderful prizes - click on the logo on top of my sidebar for more information...Many Thanx xXx

12 comments:

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh, so pretty, Debbie! I love those colors together, too. And I love how you tipped the edges of the butterfly's wings with the pink... an excellent effect!

xOx Lisa

Stamp and Smile said...

You nailed this sketch my friend!! SWEET... What warm colors, details and I'm such a butterfly nut... :) Between birds, trees, butterflies and flowers for the summer... Now to stamp all these ideas! Ha... Hugs Debbie! :)

Emily said...

Hi Debbie! This card is really cute! I love pink and orange together! I need to do more of the combining too for challenges. So many challenges...so little time:) Great job! If you have time go check out the new challenge at http://chickswithinkpads.blogspot.com/2009/03/chicks-inspiration-challenge-week-2.html.

Karen Giron said...

You are right, these colors are fab and the stamp sets work wonderfully together! I love how you stamped the little vine in the corners. Beautifully done!

Lori said...

Very pretty. Love the butterfly

Kylie said...

Beautiful Debbie!

Take Care X

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous,I love what you have done with the colour combo!!!
xx

SharonD said...

I am planning on using a variation on this sketch for Keesh's challenge too! That's tonight's card though.

Kristina said...

Beautiful card! I love the little sillhouette accents on the card corners! Fabulous colors, too.

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Debbie, the colour combo is fabulous and I love the embossed detail. have a good day

Makeesha Byl said...

What a beautiful card you have created Debbie! It looks great with the fresh cuts stamp! Thanks so much for playing! love keesh x

Dori Shelton said...

This is gorgeous! I love the coloring on the butterfly and the fact that you cut it out really makes it pop!