Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Chicks Inspiration Challenge - Week 5

Wow - when I saw this Inspiration Picture for the latest challenge as Guest DT for Chicks with Inkpads I knew exactly what stamps I wanted to use - the big problem is I don't actually own them - yet!! When we got the new catalogue I highlighted all the sets I wanted - but unfortuately the budget didn't stretch to getting them all at once - after all - I have all year to buy them right!!!! So you can just imagine how frustrating it was to see these sets highlighted in my catty but not sitting on my shelf!!! Maybe I should work some overtime - NO - that'll leave me no time to stamp - LOL. It's a vicious circle!!!

Can you guess which sets I wanted??????

To start with how good would the grasses have been from the Inspired by Nature set??? But I don't have them, so I used the image of Upsy Daisy I had stamped in Kiwi Kiss at our team get together. I've combined this with some Urban Garden DP , Baja Breeze CS, Cuttlebugging and some white taffeta ribbon. I chose this particular DP and cuttlebug folder as the stripes represent the tall grass. The sentiment is from Fresh Cuts. There's a funny story to it's shape, I had stamped it onto a scrap of Whisper White before I decided I didn't want to use my oval punch - and the scrap was too small for the square punch, it was missing the bottom corner!! I thought it looked pretty cool and cut the corner off the larger square too - LOL.

I tried to match the colours of my punched butterflies to the ones in the inspiration piece - but they looked shocking! So after many colourful butterflies being punched and layed out, and lots of family discussion, I ignored everyone and popped these 3 on! I've also added Dazzling Diamonds to the 3 largest flowers!

I'll be checking out the challenge to see what everyone else comes up with - I wonder if my sets appear!!!

10 comments:

Kellie said...

I think you have done an amazing job of catching the inspiration behind the challenge Deb, as always gorgeous card.
Kelx

LINDA said...

What a beautiful card..Looks like a great challenge..
Lovely work..
Hugs, Linda

Chat Noir said...

Clever girl! The embossing and striped CS make it look grassy, as well as those lovely long stems on the daisies......but I know what you mean about the grass stamp. I want it too!

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Gorgeous card Debbie.
hugs
Sue

Cheryl said...

Fabulous,I love it!!! You worked with what you had and did an awesome job!
xx

Liam said...

Love this sample. Love those butterflies.

Liam

Stamp and Smile said...

Your take on the challenge worked out perfect!! The colors are such a FAV of mine with spring here (fall for you!) and the CB embossing folder has the grass effect too! In the United States the SU! catty does not have the Inspired by Nature, but can be order online! Not sure why... such a BIG HIT! In my FAV's it goes... Hugs Debbie!! :)

PS - I forgot to mention I will post your blog candy on my next post!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I've found that some of my best ideas come from what started out as mistakes. I think your sort of prism shaped "tag" looks awesome! I also love those butterflies. You made me laugh: "So after...lots of family discussion, I ignored everyone and popped these 3 on!" Way to go!!!!

xOx Lisa

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful Debbie...love it! Hugs~Donna

Ann said...

Super pretty! Love the butterflies!