Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Chicks Inspiration Challenge - Week 4


Woohoo - this week I don't get to play along with the Chicks with Inkpads inspiration challenge because this week I was a Guest Designer!!! They ask the top 5 entries to join in the fun so why don't you give it a go too! It would have been nice if there were more than 5 entries, but I'll take the spot - LOL.


I couldn't resist using this little Tilda I had - so perfect for a "beach" feel. I don't have any umbrellas so had to go with the colours - Soft Sky, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive and Sahara Sand. I've used my Speckled Wheel and Sahara Sand to add a sandy texture to the top of the Whisper White oval background. On the bottom I've swirled on some Soft Sky and Blue Bayou for waves - and added a few "whitecaps" with my white gel pen. I also used a leftover "sea" scrap for the background of my sentiment.

The stone steps are courtesy of Philippa over at Cards from the Cauldron - we had a little Magnolia swap happening - thanx Philippa!! Some Divine Swirls Cuttlebugging on some Night of Navy CS adds more "waves" - and a little friend from Crab & Company looks to nibble Tilda's toes should they get too close!

I just wish I had noticed the steps were put on a little crooked - it's one of those things that get REALLY annoying once you notice it!!! Did I make you go back and look?!?!?!

8 comments:

Kellie said...

Yeah you made me go back and look, lol, didn't notice till you said it! I think it's gorgeous Deb! Colours I would had never thought to use for that, but I love, LOVE it!
Kelx

Emily said...

This is a really cute card Debbie! Once again, your coloring is awesome. I love that little crab you added...such a cute idea and it works so perfect on this card! I think the swirls embossing folder is perfect for any water themed card.

Cheryl said...

So cute,I love it.....Tilda is coloured beautifully!!! You have done a fabulous job with the challenge!
xx

Liam said...

I had noticed the steps before but I thought that was the effect. Love the card as always beautiful the colours are beautiful as well. the beach must be on both our minds lately because one of the cards I did today was a water scene as well. What an inspiration again. thanks for sharing.

Liam

Chris said...

Love the combination of colours Debbie and the water looks so amazingly realistic!

Stamp and Smile said...

Con'grats on being a GUEST DESIGNER!! Woo, Hoo!! Your card is super cute and Magnolia is darling... :) The CB background is perfect and the crab is a bit mysterious!! He... LOVE IT! Yes, you did make me go back and look!! Super Job... :)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Okay, I'm sorry, but I can't stop laughing! I'm so bad...

I'm sure you would still have been in the top 5 had there been more than 4 entries (by my count).

And, yes, I did go back and look!

hahahahahahaha

Forgive me, but thanks for the good laugh.

Love you!
Lisa

Ramona Michaluk said...

This is so cute Debbie - love the little clam at the bottom.

The colours are stunning and your embossing looks great on this card!