Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Christmas Sleigh


Just before Christmas last year I saw this gorgeous pattern for a cardstock sleigh from Sandra's Scrapshop but I held off as it was too late and I knew I would forget I had it in my looooooong to do list! Since Christmas is sneaking up on us already this year I thought it was time to buy it and have a play. 

Sandra is very clever and has designed this so it can fold flat for posting - an option I didn't use this time as I'm planning on filling it with a gift and giving it away. This pattern available as both a pdf to print and cut or - for lazy people like me - in cut files to be used with an electronic cutter. This was cut using my Cameo and my gorgeous little Make it Crafty Elf Floppy came out to help me decorate it - he doesn't know it yet but I'll be needing his help later to load the sleigh with goodies too!!!
I've used a Memory Box die to cut the snowflake flourish out and added some Make it Crafty chipboard snowflakes too. A few flowers, leaves, snow and sparkle and it was done!

Make it Crafty - 
Copics Used - Skin (E21, E11, E000) plus B99, B97, B95, B93, B91, B05, E47, E44, E43, E42, E41, E40, E08, T2, T0, YR14, Y13, white gel pen

EDIT - I was asked what the brown cardstock is and since I can't find any contact info for the lady who asked I'll pop it here in case she pops back - I used a brand called Cut Mates to cut out the sleigh as it's designed for electronic cutters. But I have punched the holly leaves out of Stampin' Up cardstock and this colour (which is an almost perfect match to the cut mates) - is called Soft Suede.

15 comments:

Lau W said...

So wonderful creation Debbie, wow, so superb details !
xxx

hellerlittle said...

OMG... what a sweet idea..
you have decoratet the slight such well !!!
hope for you Floppy is seeing enough *hoho to help you filling
hugs hellerlittle

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

Ooh, this is so lovely.Well done!
Hugs Chris x

Kylie said...

So very cute Deb. I can help you empty it if you like? lol.

Hugs, Charlie xo

Marita said...

Wow, what a wonderful creation♥. Lovely colours and sweet image♥. Stunning work♥.

Hugs, Marita

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Ooh! I can see this filled with Christmas lollies! What a lovely piece for the Christmas table! Hugs xxx

Janette said...

This is so adorable, love, love, love it.xx

Debbie said...

Just gorgeous can you tell me what that brown cardstock is i see alot of people using it but can`t find it thanks heaps.Debbie

Lynda said...

Too cute Debbie. Can't imagine that you'd have that much on ur list darl...surely not (ba-ha!!) I love the fine snowflake cut out...as always...the small deets. The image is smashing too. LOVE it...but I have already said that. ooxx

Riet said...

This is so wonderful Debbie.

Hugs Riet.xx

Berry said...

Wow I love everything about this Debby what great work hugs rebekah xx

Debbie said...

Thanks debbie for the info on the cardstock that was me who asked i`ll see what i can find thank you once again.Debbie waters

Jane said...

WOW!!!!!!!! This is absolutely stunning Debbie!!! Love the gorgeous colours and that snowflakey swirl! hugs, Jane xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Debbie, this is the most wonderful creation I have seen for a while. Fab project. Have also joined as a new member of your blog...luv annie

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Heart flutter moment!!! You rocked this Deb .... awesome!