Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Burtonesque Dolls Challenge #6 - Final Cut...And Shave


This week's challenge over at The Burtonesque Dolls is called "Final Cut...And Shave" You need to create a card/project inspired by the movie Sweeney Todd and use decorative scissors or paper distressing tools somewhere on your creation. Our sponsor this week is Simply Betty Stamps with the new range of My Kids Emo World stamps - perfect for Burtonesque and they are INSTORE now - woohooo.

I've used Miller here - and given him a Sweeney Todd hair dye job - LOL.

I used the photo from the DVD as my inspiration for the colour scheme - B&W with slashes of red. The scaredy cat and barber sign were cut using my craft robo. the DP is from My Mind's Eye and I was really lucky to find a shaving cream charm on my travels last week - I was actually looking for a scissor charm but they had sold out! Now I'm not sure who - if anyone - I'll be giving this card to but I must admit it was worth the effort just for the fun I had! It's nice to explore my dark side at times - LOL.

Don't forget to pop over to The Burtonesque Dolls Blog HERE and see what the other Dolls have done to inspire you to explore your dark side!

xXx

15 comments:

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Wow Debbie this is spooktacular love it, you are just to good!
hugs
Sue x

Jackie Thomas said...

Wow doll! This card is fabulous. Johnny himself would be proud of this one. Fantastic yet again. hugs Jackie

Leonie said...

Very creative Deb!

Andrea C said...

this is a great card, love the shaving cream charm, the cat shadow is genius and love the blood dripping with the script bg looks amazing x

Annette Bowes said...

Stunning card Debbie, love the droplets of blood lol! And how you have give the cat a shadow, take careX:)

Cheryl said...

WOW fabulous,love the LO and distressing......a perfect male card!!!
xx

Nicole Wright Designs said...

FABULOUS CARD, the dripping blood and the black cat with his shadow. Really unique!

Anonymous said...

What a great card! I love the distressing and that shaving cream can is just the perfect touch. Love it!

Marlene said...

You are SO Creative!

Amy said...

LOL, I LOVE this card Debbie! What a cool take on the challenge... I think Miller looks fab-o with his new 'do! :)

Jen Shults said...

This is sooooo cool! Your coloring is amazing Debbie and I love the blood dripping off the Todd, that is FUNNY. gorgeous work! LOVE the shaving cream charm, that's perfect!

Eulanda said...

Wow everything about this is BRILLIANT! I like how you colored him and especially his hair! The cat and his shadow?? Ka-UTE! The shaving cream charm? OMG where the heck did you ever find that?!! SO COOL!
Hugs!

Leigh said...

Debbie, I don't know how you do it...adapt yourself and create something to suit everytime.

stephanne said...

Why it is indeedy Sweeney, the Demon Barber of Fleet Street, I really shouldn't be here right now, those songs get stuck in my head for months at a time!!! Lovely card, such wonderful coordination of items, that charm, wow!!

Emma said...

This is fantastic Debbie. Amazing coloring and I love the cat with his shadow! An Awesome card Debbie!