Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Tilda For Your Telephone Table



I used to be soooooo good at remembering dates - but just lately I've been HOPELESS!!! So when Kellie sent her Magnolia Down Under Store DT a cute little calendar to play with I knew what I wanted to use it for - a "Memory Station" for me to keep by the telephone. My plan is to highlight important events in different colours (eg: blue for birthdays) so I can see at a glance what's coming up. The idea for these with a little drawer to hold a notepad and pen came from Camille over at Capture a Heart - you can check her version out HERE. Camille's version is a bit smaller than mine - I was going to put post-it notes in the drawer but I often find them too small for note taking while on the phone. I found these notepads at my local newsagent for 80c each - they measure 3" x 5" and I popped 2 into the drawer. The pen I got from the Stampin' Up Convention last year and is a little shorter than conventional pens - but I'm sure you can find something similar elsewhere.
If you're interested the box measurements are as follows - and then add an easel card to the top:

2 pieces 4" x 6 7/8" for the wrap - score at 3/4" and 6 1/8" on both and glue the small edges of 1 piece to the small edges of the other piece to form a wrap for the drawer to go in.

1 piece 6 3/4" x 5 1/4" for the drawer - score in from each edge 3/4" and form into a box. I also added an extra strip of CS behind the front of one long side for added support - this side will have the drawer pull attached later! The drawer pull is a SU Build-a-Brad with a bead behind it so you can grasp the handle.

For the easel card you'll need 2 pieces of CS - one will be 8" x 5 3/8" (the card - score along long edge at 4" and 6") and the other will be 4" x 5 3/8" (the top)

Please contact me if these instructions don't make sense!

Now as I was creating I did have my hubby wondering what I was up too when he saw me going through the Melbourne phone book! I wanted to have Tilda standing in front of a page from the phone book - just to tie in with my theme! And what other name should I be looking to find other than MAGNOLIA - LOL. Luckily there were a few entries so my plan took shape - you can see "Magnolia" just above Tilda's head in bold writing!!! The sentiment goes with the calendar theme too - it's all about important dates - times to cherish!
All the CS is from Stampin' Up. The DP and that fabulous green lace is from Magnolia and I bought them at Kellie's store - unfortunately they were part of the Christmas range so are no longer available but Kellie does have similar items in stock. She's also taking pre-orders for Sweet Tilda who I've used here - she's in the Raising the Ceiling collection. And of course I've used roses, leaves and a digital ticket stamp from Bizzy Bec's range.

This was a fun little project to create - now just to use it for it's intended purpose - LOL.

xXx

29 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

OMG Debbie this is soooo cute and such a good idea! You still have my address yeh?? So nice of you to make this for me heheh.
Kristy x

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Debbie, going to give your instructions a try an make my own, you are such an inspiration.
hugs
Sue x

Danielle said...

WOW Debbie! This is gorgeous! And your attention to detail on this project is amazing! I love it - what a wonderful piece of artwork to sit next to your phone!
Hugs, Danielle

dolcreations said...

This is an awesome idea! Thank-you so much for all the instructions to make it! Beautiful work!

Marlene said...

This is beautiful!!! (Not that I'm surprised!)

nessy said...

what an amazing idea ~and all the detail and so beautifully made debbie ~ anyone would love this creation on their telephone table!
vanessa xx

Janette said...

Oh this is so brilliant,adorable and love the phone book touch behind her...perfect and so clever...have just got to go and make one.....x

Sue said...

Oh, you ever so clever gal you! What a great porject and useful too! I love how you cut the page from the phone book and the name Magnolia included to boot! Background papers are so pretty and it will look great sitting on a desk and I'm sure will get a lot of attention.

Stampin'Piper said...

This is brilliant! I love it ... great work, I'd like to have one for my telephone table ...

Big Hugs Tanja

Dena said...

OMG! OMG! OMG! This is beyond cuteness!!!!! I have to do one. Love how you used the phone book page in the background. Oh my, I need to get busy and make this! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!
Hugs, Dena

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic, what a great idea!!!

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh wow Debbie this is wonderful. I love sweet Tilda and the phone table note holder is such a great idea. I have one of those floating around somewhere. LOL. It is beautiful. Love all the flowers too. Gorgeous.
mwah
Trace

Leigh said...

Beautiful project and a great idea Debbie.

Liam said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I think anyone that has this would love it. Just a piece of artwork.

Liam

Alison said...

OMG this is absolutely gorgeous. What a fantastic idea. Your colours are gorgeous and Tilda is coloured in perfectly to match. Oh and the use of the telephone book - what a brilliant idea (love that you got the Magnolia just above her head!!!).
xox

Leonie said...

Debbie, that is just amazing! You are the cleverest of clever cleversons!

Annette Bowes said...

Oh Debbie this just fantastic, so love your attention to detail, especially the phone book background, she is just adorable, take careX:)

sandra said...

OMG Debbie!!!
This is amazing work!!!!
I can't believe that you put an effort to find Magnolia in the phone book.
Well done!
I love every detail on it!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Jodie from Oz said...

Debbie, Wow this is such a wonderful idea, I love the phone page, how clever and I love this sweet Tilda and your colouring and flowers are beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Cheryl said...

WOW this is beyond gorgeous,how do you come up with such amazing creations.....I love it!!! Hmmmm another creation for the to do list,gotta stop looking at your blog.....lol....I did get the recessed window card done though,what a surprise...lol...
xx

Kellie said...

You are just waaaaaaaaaaay to clever, can I sit nect to you at camp and steal your creative mojo, hehe. I'm in love, it's gorgeous and I love how you used the Chrsitmas papers, as I think they have so many uses other than Christmas. And using Magnolia from the phone book WAY cute! I'm just in awe of both your amazing creation hun, LOVE them!
Hugs Kel xx

Emily said...

What an absolutely fantastic idea! I love how cute your image is and that terrific idea to use a page of the phone book for your background. Genius!

Sammi said...

oooh Debbie this is GORGEOUS!! and using the Magnolia phone numbers is such a fun idea!
(hugs) Sammi

Debra James said...

Ok.... Im getting a room for you at my house when ever u want to come over and play... well u can play I will just sit and watch you create. What a fabulous idea and a Fabulous job. Hugs xxxx

Lynda said...

Yet another project idea that's going in the crypt Debbie!! This is such a sweet idea and so wonderful of you to share the measurements with us...and yes there will be Q's....LOL!! he phone book paper is a stroke of genius and it's your attention to the smallest detail that rocks this project hugely!! Just FAB-O-Matic!!

stephanne said...

This is genious!! What a wonderful use of items, love the phonebook page, and your gorgeous Tilda and roses and Chrissie supplies and and and, wonderful work!!

Bec said...

What an AMAZING idea.. this is just FABULOUS... (now i clicked my hand from side to side too when saying that..lol) Bec xx

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Okay, stop it now...you're killing me!!!!!!! The phone book is truly inspired!!!

Donna said...

What a really fabulous project Debbie, I love how you've decorated it. Going to try making one myself.....hope it turns out as good as yours.
hugs
Donna xx