Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

NEWS NEWS and MORE NEWS!

NEWS FROM MAGNOLIA DOWN UNDER CHALLENGES!



Kellie (MDUC Boss Lady) and Kristy (MDUC Mini Boss) have kindly let me off making a card for this challenge which is VALENTINE'S DAY. You see my father passed away suddenly on Valentine's Day when I was 18 and it is just a day my mother, sisters and I have had trouble celebrating ever since. It's a personal thing but I did want to explain why I don't make Valentine's cards - and I'm sure you'll understand!

The next generation celebrate the day - and for that I am thankful. I also LOVE to see the wonderful creations my fellow crafters come up with so I'll still be popping by to check out the entrants for the challenge.
 
Now if you ARE hoping to see some AMAZING inspiration for this challenge I HIGHLY recommend you pop over to the Magnolia Down Under Challenge Blog and check out what the rest of the fabulous DT have come up with for your viewing pleasure. You can check out the fabulous Magnolia paper pack you could win too!
 
I also want to mention that MDUC is having a Guest DT call HERE - so check it out if your interested - you have until the end of January 2010 to apply for a 6 month position - go ahead - we're a friendly bunch - LOL.
 
THE STAMP SPOT NEWS

The lovely Marcia over at The Stamp Spot Online Store is moving house and wants to cut down on her packing so YOU get to benefit. Marcia is offering between 30% and 70% off most items in the store. Australian residents only, sale ends February 19th 2010 or while stocks last. No rainchecks.

Marcia has also reduced the price of TGF stamps with the Aussie dollar being so strong - and she'll be getting some fabulous new stock in after her move!

Check it all out HERE

MY NEWS!



I won Sue's gorgeous January blog giveaway - wooohooooo - check out these beauties! I very seldom enter giveaways so it's extra special to win! AND guess what - this happens to be a Tilda I DON'T have - LOL.

Thanx Sue - I'll be having some fun with these beauties!

xXx

16 comments:

Annette Bowes said...

What a Tilda you don't have, don't believe it LOL! She is adorable, just love the embroidered hearts, a fantastic candy gifted to a lovely lady. You will be in my thoughts on the 14th as I know your dad meant't a lot to you! Now you bad girl off to see what Marcia has in her shop, take careX:)

Robyn said...

Congrats Deb on winning that FAB blog canty- bet you will come up with something fabulous for those beautiful embroidered hearts and well you guys just can't have TOO many Tilda's can you ???!! LOL All the best for the 14th-hard to have a sad day when everyone else is having a happy one.Will be thinking of you...

Debra James said...

Woo Hoo to you,Congrats on winning Sue's Candy, mmmm i had my eye on that Candy, LOL.I will b thinking of you on the 14th and hope you can remember all the good times with ur Dad.Hugs xxxx

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

I will be thinking of you on Vday thats for sure!. YAYYA congrats on winning sues blog candy!
Kristy x

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) said...

Congratulations on your win Debs...definitely right up your alley.
I enjoyed getting together last Friday :)
Love you :)xxoo

pf said...

Congratulations on your win Debbie, looks like some fun goodies. Sorry, I didn't realise that your dad passed away at such a young age. I can understand about the Valentines Card, I dont make mothers or fathers day cards.

Thinking of you

Paula

Merry said...

Congrats on your win...what lovely looking goodies to play with. Thanks for the tip on The Stamp Spot ...off to have a look now.

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Hey Debbie, thanks for sharing what you did, my thoughts are with you. And thanks for the plug for the Stamp Spot .... def some bargains to be had.

:) Marcia

Cheryl said...

OMG Debbie,I am so sorry,but I do completely understand.My nan passed away on my 21st birthday and I don't like to celebrate now.I will be thinking of you,take care!!
xx

Dena said...

Congrats on your win! That is so fun!
I can certainly understand why you wouldn't want to celebrate Valentines Day. That must be very hard for you and your family. I hope this time will not be too hard.
Hugs, Dena

nessy said...

congrats on your win ~hope you can have a family day and remember the good times
vanessa xx

Ineke Original said...

I'am so happy! You did see it. Congratulations,
Ineke

Sue said...

I wondered what happened to you this challenge. I know you are keeping the memory of your Dad in your heart always. Will be thinking of you and your family as you mark this sad anniversary.

Sammi said...

Hi Debbie, thanks for sharing and am so sorry to hear about your Dad. Will be thinking of you on V Day!! (HUGS)
xxx

Jodie from Oz said...

Debbie, So sorry to hear about your Dad, I will be thinking of you, and will say a little prayer for your family, thanks for sharing.
Hugs Jodie from Oz

Stamp and Smile said...

Oh very lucky Debbie on the blog giveaway!!! YEAHHHHHHH... :) And getting a Tilda you DON'T have... and here I thought you have all of them... :)

Enjoy your new toys!! SMILES... :)