Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #206



At Magnolia Down Under Challenges we have been asking our DT for their favourite challenges and this week it's MY turn! I decided to go with Christmas in July as it holds a special place in my heart. My family began to cook a full Christmas feast in July long before it became popular. You see July is my birthday month and when we moved to Australia I went from having a Summer birthday to a Winter birthday. This also meant we had to celebrate Christmas in a hot Australian Summer. We decided my "special meal"  for my birthday would be a Christmas feast with ALL the trimmings as Winter is a much more pleasant time to cook and enjoy this fare.

Because it's not actually Christmas time now I thought I would use some non-traditional colours on my card.

Don't forget to see what the rest of our team came up with on our BLOG.

Copics used - Skin (E11, E00, E000, R20, R11) plus E18, E15, E13, T4, T2, T0, B34, B32, B000, B0000, YG17, YG07, YG06, YG01

8 comments:

JenniferD said...

Gorgeous! Love your Non Traditional Colours they work so well! Love those great Embellishments of pointsetia with extras!!! Have a Great Weekend and hope you Enjoy Xmas Dinner!

Fran said...

Hita debbalicious, how yo doing?! I have been meaning to email you for MONTHS, but I am a bit of a naughty girl, and keep forgetting. I have photos of a special little lady I want to shw you :-) anyways, thought I would catch up on some blogs tonight and I have to say it funny to see you post a gorgeous Xmas magnolia card as I have been thinking about getting out my Xmas Maggie's and having a play... Not sure if I will get there but I guess procrastinating is better than nothing, hehehe. Hopefully your gorgeous creation will give me a bit of motivation!

Jane said...

Great card Debbie
.....and as a November baby it would feel really strange to celebrate my birthday in the summer!
Hugs
Jane

Crafty Sandy's Cards said...

Hi Debbie, Congrats on being in the Australian Papercraft Essentials magazine.. Well done YOU!!!
Your cards are so lovely you deserve lots of accolades.
Hugs Sandy C

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous, adorable card and what pretty details.
luv
Debby

Lynda said...

Love the wee tree in this one Debbie. So sweet. I too am a Spring bub....but like celebrating it where it is....I don't do cold v well....LOL!!! I am so loving the Tildas. ooxx

nightangel0515 said...

Love it!

Eulanda said...

Wooooooooo I LOVE Christmas in July!! What a perfect card and I don't recall every seeing that image before. OMG that's cute!! Hey I just wanted to know who makes that poinsettia die you used and also for the little tiny pieces under your gem center. I just love them!! Thanks for any info!!