Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

We're Framing It in La La Land


This week in La La Land we were asked to "Frame It". I decided to step out of the box a little and frame Pirate Luka using a "porthole". I then added Mermaid Marci on the outside looking in. I thought it was a little reminiscent of The Little Mermaid.

To get the rusted texture on the outside of the porthole I used some Ferro texture paste - I love this stuff because it has that lovely metallic appearance. Some black pearls create the "rivets".

Don't forget to pop over to our BLOG where you can check out inspiration from my amazing teamies and see the rest of the release being showcased. And remember La La Land Crafts also have a Facebook Page HERE and La La Lands Facebook Group HERE. We love seeing your amazing creations using La La Land Stamps and Dies too.


Copics Used - 
Mermaid Marci - 
Skin - E11, E00, E000, R24, R20, R11
Hair - E18, E15, E13, E11
Tail and Clothes - B97, B93, B91, YG25, YG23, YG21

Pirate Luka - 
Skin - E11, E00, E000, R20, R11
Hair - E44, E43, E42
Clothes - 100, C8, C7, C6, C5, C4, C2, C00, B97, B95, B93, B91, E19, E17, E13
Parrot - YR23, E08, G28, G24, G20, YG21
Map - E43, E42, E40


8 comments:

Jane said...

Hello Debbie
Ooh I love the way you have coloured the mermaids tail - looks amazing.
Hugs
Jane

Fleur said...

This is stunning Debbie
Hugz Fleur xxx

Dianne said...

This tuned out brilliant,Your stepping out of the box, well you should do it again, loved it:):)

PaperDaisies said...

Stunning card. Love your attention to details. Those embellishments are fab and showcase your image perfectly. Hugs Nina

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

ahhhh i love this debs!! this is so amazing and the ferro works a treat on the porthole! (mine is still sitting there being unused :_( lol!!) gorgeous colouring of the mermaid and i just love the design :)

Lynda said...

I so love the small seets in this card Debbie...the rivets and glossy bubbles are amazing. I don't think I have the words to describe my admiration for your colouring. ooxx

gobeagirl said...

Hi Debbie, This is just stunning. I love the layering to your card and the way that you have put the seaweed with the anchor and the bubbles is just awesome looking. Your coloring is so spot on and your little mermaid looks just beautiful. I think your card is just FANTASTIC! Awesome job! Hugs, Lisa

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

You have such a gift of telling stories with your cards, Debbie! Love this one! And the porthole is the perfect frame! Hugs xxx