Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Time For Some Chipboard Fun



For my latest project for Make It Crafty I decided it was time to create something which focused on the laser cut chipboard - it really is too fabulous just to be kept for an embellishment. This is a fairly simple idea that could be adapted to a shop bought frame, a layout or a card.


Here are the base elements of my frame - the cardstock frame was cut using my Cameo and I bought the pattern from the Silhouette store. The triangular wedge piece is a stand for the frame. I later added some chipboard leaves and butterflies into the mix. Since I was making the  chipboard the focus of my frame I inked the butterflies and corners in black to make them pop - the leaves were inked in dark green for contrast.


I tore up pieces of an old dictionary I had bought from the Op Shop (Thrift Store) to cover the frame and give it more interest. I used matt Mod Podge which not only served as an adhesive - but also created a protective layer.


One frame all covered! Next I painted over a thin base of white paint to tone down the pages but still let the look I'd achieved come through.


I propped the butterfly wings up with my tweezers while the glue dried - remember to embellish these before doing this as sticking pearls on afterwards may push the wings out of alignment. Once the wings were dry I added the corner pieces and other embellishments.


As you can see the frame stand holds it up beautifully.

Make It Crafty Chipboard used ...


And don't forget you can check out more inspirational work and tutorial from the rest of the DT on our STORE BLOG.

11 comments:

Trina said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for the tweezer tip!

Jane said...

Oh very ingenius Debbie - well done you, very creative.
Hugs
Jane

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

What a fantastic idea, Debbie! So creative! Hugs xxx

aureliaeugenia said...

You are so sweet to share this technic!
This is a beautiful and original work of art,I love it !
aureliaeugenia

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Debbie.

Hugs Riet.xx

Unknown said...

wow now this looks like FUN!!!!! great project hugs sasyx

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

So pretty and love all the detail, you are just so talented Debbie, always love visiting your blog.
Hugs
Sue xo

Melodie said...

Great idea and looks so fabolous.
Hugs
Melodie

Lynda said...

Is there anything you cannot do Debbie??? Love this look. So fun, so creative. ooxx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Stunning Debbie! I love all of the different techniques that you have used...I haven't paper machied in ages - it is awesome! :D

Sue said...

what a clever project Debbie! the pop of colour in the flowers is superb!