Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Pre-Easter Incentive


Recently I decided it was time to try yet again to beat the battle of the bulge - and the hardest part is getting started and breaking old habits. With Easter coming up I decided to make this card to sit on my dining table near the basket of Easter eggs - to remind me I'll be having to step on those scales afterwards - LOL.

This fun image is by Mo Manning and is called "Hoping". I created the background DP in Microsoft word and just dragged a few of the font versions out and re-sized to make my sentiment. A fairly CAS card for me but  it reminds me of the fresh clean white of the bathroom - where my dreaded scales are lurking.

Copics used - Skintones (R20, R11, E11, E00, E000) plus 100, N3, N1, N0, YG17, YG05, E49, E47, E43, E41, E40, E29, E23, R46, BG0000

13 comments:

Debra James said...

I just so love how your mind thinks Debbie, Great card and I do hope it works on the temptation to indulge on those sweet,tasty, yummy delicious chocolates, not nice am I ,but what are friends for, lol... x

Melodie said...

Wow, your card is really fantastic.
Hugs
Melodie

debby4000 said...

Fabulous Debbie, love the image and beautiful colours. Feel guilty about Easter eggs already.
luv
Debby

Julie said...

Fabulous card Debbie!! Love how you've coloured the towel - looks so fluffy!! Can't even bring myself to have a weigh in anymore, the news is too depressing!! Juliexx

Dena said...

Such a funny image! I love it!!!!! hahaha! Your coloring looks amazing Miss Debbie!!!!
Hope all is well with you and your family!
Hugs, Dena

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

So funny! Love how you did the background - genius!! Maybe I should get that image and stick a big one on my fridge door :)

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Debbie.

Hugs Riet.xx

Crafting Vicky said...

That is such a great card! Just loooove it and had to pop by to say so ;)

Lynda said...

Too funny Debbie. I sincerely hope that you achieve your goals and I think this card is a great incentive. On the upside on the card....your calves are amazing and the towel is so fluffy!!!! If you f=get too frustrated...remember my e mail is open 24.7. MWAH ooxx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

How fab to create a card for yourself! And ... such a cutie to boot! Hope the weight challenge goes well. I have lost 9.5kg since October ... so am reasonably happy! Am continuing to plod on with it! Happy Easter, hunny! Hugs xxx

Kreativa Kakan said...

Great card and so funny too. Love the paper you made, fits perfectly.

Dawn said...

Very cute! I love your paper and sentiment - they are quite clever. Beautifully coloured.

Hugs, Dawn

Zoe said...

lol - LOVE the sentiment you put with this image!! xo