Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Just Christmas and Birthday Cards Sketch #49

I haven't had much chance lately to play over at Just Christmas and Birthday Card Challenges so I'm rapt I had an opportunity today! This week's sketch is by Karin and I just love it! I have twisted it on it's side though.

The reason I had a chance to stamp was that without any warning the electricity company decided today was the day they needed to replace our connection to the grid! So without power and unable to leave home as they needed access to the garage, it was the perfect chance to craft! I was supposed to be out sourcing blinds or curtains for the room my BIL and his wife will be staying in when they arrive next month from England! Guess what I'm up too tomorrow - LOL.
I've used some DP from Stampin' Up and paired it with Whisper White and Pacific Point CS. The sentiment is also from SU - a retired set called Flaky Friends. The snowman is from last year's Magnolia Christmas collection - I thought he better see ink before my new season snowman gets here - you should check out the new ones at Bizzy Becs - they are sooo cute - it was hard to stop at getting just one of them!
The large snowflake is a nestie and I have covered it with Crystal Iris Chunky Glitter from SU. I may have resigned as a SU demonstrator recently but I still love their products! I have topped these with a plain punched snowflake and a pale blue rhinestone!
Now to work out which one of my friends this one will go to at Christmas - there's a few it might fit - LOL.
xXx

27 comments:

Annette Bowes said...

Oh me Pleeeeeeeeease:) Just love it, that snowman is so cute love the hearts. Gorgeous snowflakes, looks like something else for the wishlist. How lovely Pommies coming to visit, we have some coming too! Take CareX:)

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

This is gorgeous Debbie, love all of it. Gonna have to get me a snowflake punch looks great!
hugs
Sue x

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) said...

And relatives too Ha ha
luvya

Leigh said...

Debbie, what a fabulous card. Love what you've done with the blue square background.

Robyn said...

Loving all the blue Debbie! Such sweet snowflakes too. Some flaky friend of yours will just love it!

Jean McKenzie said...

Just gorgeous Debbie. Sorry I haven't had much time to surf blogs lately but love all your work! Beautiful colours on this one!

Unknown said...

fab snowman..and how neat if id have cut this out he wouldnt have had any arms,,lol..brillliant card hugs sassyx

Philippa Petty said...

Excuse me. I'm sure that this beautiful little snowman is coming my way. He is just beautiful Debbie. Great job as always.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Sweetness PLUS!!! I can see my "unfavourite" colour - Pacific Point ... BUT ... doesn't it look FAB with the Baja Breeze Ski Slope DSP!!! Hhhmmm ... me thinks this colour may be growing on me!!! LOL! Just gorgeous, Debbie! xxx

Mandy said...

lovely card..snowman is soo cute!!..love the layout and the blue is gorgeous..
Mandy xx

Tracey Feeger said...

Debbie OMG this is gorgeous. I love it. I love the sentiment - it is so cute. Great image. Love the flakes.
mwah
Tracey

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness I never would have thought to use Pacific Point and Soft Sky together but look how yummey. This is an awesome card, and don't you think I will be casing it for classes!!!!! Thanks for your inspiration! Love it.....brrrrr. Oh I am so envious of your upcoming weather, heheheheheheee! Hugs!

Paulette said...

You have a very beautiful card! Wondeerful!

Tracey said...

This is beautiful. I love the color. Thanks for sharing.

Sue said...

Gorgeous card luv the blue/white, fabby image, sue.x

Lynda said...

How nice of the Electrical Co to give you an opportunity to do something u just may like!!! LOL!!! How much do I LURVE the sentiment!! Too true. The Pac Pt packs real punch, but its not real in ur face!!Snowman is magical and "OH YEAH" on the stopping at "just one" Magnolia comment!! Have a great day Debbie and awesome card!!

Mandy Schiller said...

Love this card Debbie it is soooo cute. The saying is sooo cool as well that made me have a giggle....

Mandyxx

LINDA said...

This is just beautiful..Love the design and the colors..Very lovely work..
Hugs, Linda

Emily said...

Oh my, that sure is a cute little snowman! I just may have to find him. I don't recognize that SU DP, but it works well with the Pacific Point! Thanks for the link to the new snowmen...I'm going over to check it out:))

Ramona Michaluk said...

Love this card Debbie - the snowman is so cute and love the snowflakes - beautiful!!

I'm sure you have a number of flakey friends in mind :-)

Hugs,
Ramona xx

Leonie said...

lol! I love that sentiment Deb! Great cards!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Surely not me (a flake, that is)! Hahaha!

Love, love, love snowmen and your card is perfection! Those snowflakes make the card pop. I will definitely being CASING you on those!

How long will your BIL and SIL be visiting? Are they staying over the holidays? Aren't I nosy? LOL

xOx Lisa

Cheryl said...

So adorable,love the shades of blue and your gorgeous snowflakes!!! Love the sentiment....lol.....
xx

Sue said...

Debbie, this is just too cute. Sparkly snowflakes are just the right touch for this snowman and all that beautiful blue.

Frau Ninchen said...

what a great card...love the colours and the snowflakes!

thanks for joining us at jcbc!

xoxo janina

Bec said...

Oh WOW.. This is just Stunning.. Bec xx

Stamp and Smile said...

OK... you can send this stunning card to the US!! ""ME"" We have snow to match those darling snowflakes... and I might even have a few flaky friends! :) (What am I saying, I have LOTS of flakes!) Ha... :)

FAB sparkles too! So heart warming... I'll try not to be a stranger anymore!! :)