Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Christmas at The Stamp Spot



One of the things I love about being on a DT is that sometimes you get to play with things you wouldn't usually have - and it's always fun to see what goodies arrive in my DT kit! This angel from Stampendous is one of those things! Marcia over at The Stamp Spot sent me a stamped image to play with and I have decided she's just gorgeous. I had seen this stamp before but had honestly only given it a passing glance! But to have the image stamped in front of me and then to see it come to life with colour - hmmmm - I think she'll be on my next order!!! It just goes to show you need to REALLY look at images sometimes and imagine them stamped up!

My daughter saw this card sitting on the coffee table and asked who had sent it - because she really liked it! She was surprised when I told her it was mine - and not finished yet, I still had to put on the bling! She thought it was soo not my style - but that again is the fun of experimenting! I actually love this card and the papers from Bo Bunny have been the perfect choice. I used both sides of the paper and was surprised how different they were - but how fabulous they looked together!

My image has been cut using my nesties - with the same size nestie being cut in 2 colours to frame her - I trim the end points off and then split them in 2 down the middle. To bling her up I added Dazzling Diamonds to the tips of her wings and the base of her dress, and some Kaiser pearls on the card.

The beautiful stamp, DPs, flowers and nesties are all available from The Stamp Spot - and don't forget to stop in at The Stamp Spot Blog to see what other fabulous inspiration the DT have for you!

xXx

14 comments:

Kellie said...

Well hun, I agree with you, I love it too! This really is so very different to your style but in a really good way! Sometimes it's nice to go out of our own comfort zone and we learn new things in doing so and WOW did you learn! Your colouring is amazing as always, just ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!
Hugs, Kel

Annette Bowes said...

Beautiful, so wonderfully coloured in love how her wings sparkle, fantastic job. Take CareX:)

Debra James said...

This is a super card. The angel with all the gliter on her wings is so pretty and your paper choice co ordinates so well with the colours u used to on her. l think it is sometimes great that by taking us out of our comfort zone we are able to challenge ourselves. You did real good Here GIRL! Hugs xx

sandra said...

I agree!
It look's amazing!
And sparkles are part of season.
You are right,those papers are beautiful!
Great work!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Cheryl said...

Ohhhh I love it.........beautiful work and those papers are gorgeous!!!
xx

Dena said...

Debbie, this really is a different look for you! I love it though. The angel is very pretty. I know what you mean about once you use it then you like it a lot more. You added some great details too. You're just a versatile person what can you say? ha ha!
Hugs, Dena

Tracey said...

This is a beautiful card. The dp is lovely and you did a great job coloring.

Emily said...

This really did turn out cute Debbie! I actually thought you were showcasing someone else's card when I saw this in my blogger window. Very different from your norm, but I really like it. That DP is actually terrific with the image and love the bling you added:))

Mandy said...

Hi Know what you mean about not really looking at an image have done that then seen some else use it and though wow should have got that..lovely card the image and papers suit each other perfectly..
mandy xx

craftieodmae said...

Love the dp and that image is great!!

Karen said...

Ok here I am - only took me 2 attempts to comment today! roflol I realllllly like this card Deb! Again your colouring is just beautiful and that angel is something different from the norm to which is lovely to see!
Great job!

K
x

Stamp and Smile said...

Sorry I have been such a stranger lately... but I enjoy ALL your SWEET comments! Fantastic card Debbie...so sweet, and wonderful elements to your card!!

I'm always in AWWWW over your blog! SMILES... :)

Sue said...

Oh Deb, I love those papers too and the Angel is beautiful. Sometimes I see a card made up and I love the image, yet it is something I wouldn't have looked twice at until I saw it completed. Very very nice.

Jean McKenzie said...

Yes Debbie, this is something a little different to your usual style but the colouring again is gorgeous and I love the way you have organised the Nestie layers - you are so clever with your ideas!