Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2020

Slimline Christmas Gnome


Well it seemed it was time to jump on the slimline card bandwagon and I had such fun creating this card. The gorgeous gnome is from Mo Manning and I paired him with some digital papers I bought years ago - unfortunately the company I bought them from is no longer in business :( , but the concept is certainly one you can repeat using different digi papers.

To create the background paper I uploaded the digi paper which already had a white edging on it. I then re-sized to one inch and replicated it over and over to create my design. I have found the easiest way to do this is to use my Silhouette Cameo. You import the file, re-size and then use the duplicate button to create the look and size wanted. Then simply print off your design. Not the normal use for the Cameo I know, but I just consider it another feature ;) . I have used this technique a lot in the past - mainly for creating backgrounds using repeating patters of sentiments, such as on THIS card.

I also printed out the paper as a 4" square to sit my finished gnome on.

The pinecone die is from La-La Land Crafts. I shaped the pinecones slightly and pushed out the little grooves on the pinecone. It adds a fabulous texture to them if you want to spend the extra time. 

The sentiment dies are from Impression Obsession and are called Christmas Stitched Words. I cut them out twice - one in white and once in green and filled the letter gaps on the green set with the letters from the white set.

No comments: