Pages

Friday, October 22, 2021

CASE Me a Christmas Card

Every year for the past few years my crafty friend Michelle Lupton has asked me to play along with her "Challenge Me a Christmas Card". In the past we've chosen a theme and created to that theme. Last year Michelle tweaked it a little - and I have to say it was a FABULOUS tweak and one I really enjoyed. Once again this year we are CASE'ing a card created by each other. 


I checked out Michelle's Instagram Page - Michelle_Lupton and chose THIS card she created to CASE (published with permission from Michelle), isn't it adorable? Michelle and I have such different stryles but we both have a love of the art and that's what makes this challenge even more fun, interpreting her style into my own. Her use of die cuts, embossing and colour are truly amazing, I feel I may have short changed her here using her card made from pre-printed paper, but she showcases it in such an amazing way that she definitely shows her design skills.


 I love Christmas and Christmas baubles are so versatile. I chose 3 of  
Mo Manning's gorgeous playful elves to use on my card and added a striped digital paper corner so that I could overlay one of my elves into it. I added some stickles and washi tapes to the border for extra Christmas sparkle and the baubles are also glittered up. Michelle used a paper pack from Paper Rose Studio


Thanks Michelle for another awesome challenge. I do think I tend to be quite literal when I CASE someone's work. but then I don't want to lose too much of the inspiration in my redesign either.


To check out which of my cards Michelle chose to CASE check out her link HERE. I can't wait to see what she did! And don't forget to check out more of her amazing CASEs for this challenge on her BLOG.

2 comments:

Michelle Lupton said...

I LOVE IT! Those elves are so cheeky, and I love the row of Christmas trees! Thanks so much for being my guest ❤️

Michelle Lupton said...

I LOVE IT! Those elves are so cheeky, and I love the row of Christmas trees! Thanks so much for being my guest ❤️