Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Aurora Wings Challenge - Pro/Con Valentine's



This challenge was a hard one for me to play along with as my father passed away on Valentine's Day when I was 18 years old and I haven't celebrated it since. I asked Mitzi if it was OK to use this gorgeous image - Profile of a Woman with Roses -  as I think the roses work well with the theme but the woman looks sad and reflective- which kinda suits the way I am on Valentines. I hope you like it.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the AMAZING DT inspiration on our BLOGWe also have a very active Facebook Fan Group with additional contests, challenges and inspiration.  We hope to see you there.

Copics Used - Skin {E11, E00, E000, R20, R11} plus G29, G82, G03, R29, R27, R24, R22, R21, E50, E39, E33, E31, YR31

5 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Debbie, your card is beyond gorgeous and such a beautiful tribute to your Father. Certainly a labor of love. I'm so sorry that the day is filled with such an unhappy memory, but I'm sure he's smiling down on you. xxD

Jan said...

What a gorgeous card xx Jan

Hello said...

This is simply stunning Debbie...love the design and your colouring is amazing too hun.
Huge Hugz, Lorraine xx

Jane said...

Stunning work Debbie, what a lovely image.
Jane

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Thank you so much for creating a beautifully heartfelt inspiration for this challenge, Debbie. It must be so hard that our culture makes such a fuss out of Valentine's Day, and it's such a personal date for you. Your lovely dedication to your father is a beautiful inspiration to us all. *hugs* Thank you so much for being on my team and sharing your talent with us.

Mitzi xxx