Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Back pack

I just can't tell you how cute I thought this little backpack was when I first saw it on the very talented Nicole Stalker's blog - I just HAD to make one. I tracked down a video tutorial at Stamp Happens (click on the link below if you want to make one of these too!) Beware though - this will become another of your favourite blogs!
My daughter was watching me put all the bits together - she was fascinated to see what I was up to and loved the result. I also made a matching card to pop in the front pocket. My plan is to make one in Christmas colors and fill it with yummy chocolates or homemade fudge for my children's teachers.

I used Pink Passion cardstock and Berry Bliss DP. The little accents used Boho Blossoms and Choc Chip Cardstock.

I also have a great recipe for Bailey's Fudge - which is what I might make to fill these little bags up - here's the recipe if you want to try it out yourself, I'm not exactly sure where it came from - I pulled it out of a magazine ages ago. I'd recommend wrapping the pieces individually and keeping them in the fridge until you need to put them in the box. I'm also planning to include a copy of the recipe with the gift - it's always nice to be able to make it yourself if you like it!

Baileys Chocolate Fudge
Ingredients
1 x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
100g butter, cubed
255g (1 ¼ cups firmly packed) brown sugar
2 tblsp glucose syrup
150g finely chopped dark chocolate (not cooking choc)
¼ cup Baileys

Method
Brush a 20cm square cake pan with melted butter. Line base and 2 opposite sides with non-stick baking paper allowing it to overhang.
Combine the condensed milk, butter, sugar and glucose syrup in a saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves (~ 3min). Increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring constantly, for ~15mins or until mixtures thickens and turns a deep caramel colour. Remove from heat.
Add the chocolate and liqueur, stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Set aside to cool.
Remove fudge from pan and cut into portions – you may need to keep fudge refrigerated.
Enjoy!

No comments: