Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Mo's Christmas Candle


I've always loved the look of images popped onto a candle and a couple of weekends ago I got a chance to remind myself how much fun it was to do when I had some girls over for a Girl's Night In for cancer research and our sponsor Bronlyn from Shopbron brought some candles to play with. I'd never tried colouring with copics for candles as I was worried they'd bleed - but Bron gave us the right advice and showed us the right paper to use. It's a bit thicker than regular tissue paper and is used as a packing material - I'm not sure where to get it from as Bron left me enough for another 100 candles!! It has a shiny side and a matt side - stamp/print on the shiny side and colour on the matt side. Now watch this space for more candles to come - LOL. 

I wanted to try using my digis rather than a rubber stamp and used Lydia's amazing tutorial on how to do this HERE. I did get some ink smudges on the paper but they were away from the image and I just cut them away. I used Mo Manning's adorable Urchin with Bird to play with and I'm quite happy with the result. The paper doesn't allow your copics to blend as well as blending paper but it's not too bad. 

I hope this inspires you to give this a go too - it's a lot of fun and easier than worrying about fancy card layouts - LOL.

Copics used - E20, E11, E00, E000, E44, E43, E42, E41, B00, B000, G28, G24, G21, R89, R46, R35, R24, Y35, YR31, YR30, YR23

xXx

14 comments:

Carla S. said...

This is brilliant, Debbie! I love the image you chose and the coloring is fantastic! Gorgeous candle!

Bron said...

This is ace...I love the vibrant colours and the ribbon down the bottom...Think I will be trying some more of these too for the holidays! Hugs from Bron xo

Trine said...

I love it.

Gretha said...

The image is gorgeous on your beautiful candle. The coloring is fantastic.
Hugs Gretha

Jane said...

Wow! this is stunning sweetie! LOVE the colours you've used and they're so vibrant! whenever I've done a candle they've been wishy washy - must be the paper - thanks for the tip! hugs, Jane xxx

Lau W said...

Oh this is a rich idea, so fabulous ! Love it !
xxx

Lenie Hempen said...

Wat een prachtige kaars DEBBIE.
Echt super lief.


Gr Leny Hempen

Riet said...

So gorgeous Debbie,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jeni said...

Gorgeous Debbie!!! Love the ribbon and your coloring is fabulous.
~jeni :)

Sylvia Zet said...

W O W !!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

OMGosh, this is amazing!!!

Turtle In The Sand said...

This image is perfect on the candle. I wouldn't want to burn something so lovely.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Now ... this has gotta be the best stamped (digi) candle I have ever ever seen! If only I had COPICs I would be so inspired to try this for myself! Hey ... the paper isn't "greaseproof paper" is it???? Hugs xx

Lynda said...

The colour vibrancy in this candle is nothing short of spectacular Debbie. It is stunning. I look v much fwd to seeing more if this is a taste. ooxx