Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #6 - A Baby is Born


I really have to thank my team "cousin" Robyn for the inspiration for this card. A few weeks ago she sent me an email to let me know that she had seen a card in the SCS gallery that she thought I would appreciate as she knew of my love for my lttle green machine - ie Cuttlebug! It was a beautiful baby dress with faux smocking - check it out here. I knew this idea would be perfect for our "A Baby is Born" challenge so I set off to track down the template - which luckily wasn't too hard - it's here if you want to give it a go yourself. I enlarged the template a few times to get the right size for the front of the dress to fit in my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Folder - I ended up enlarging it by 175%. I then wrote the web address and size on it before laminating it and cutting it out as a permanent template to trace around. I don't usually print straight onto my CS - my printer plays up occaisionally - and this method of making templates is one I use with my doll and bear making patterns, it's way too hard to get fur and fabric through the printer LOL.
I've used Baby Tingla here - she soo cute I couldn't resist her!! I also popped some pink tissue on the insides of her dress for a bit of interest, and a pink bow around the waist. The card shape is the real star here so I really didn't need to do much more!

Here's hoping you'll be inspired to come along and join us with this week's challenge at MDUC.

21 comments:

pf said...

So very cute Debbie, I love that stamp...I didn't realilse just how many stamps there are.

Emily said...

Super cute Debbie! Sounds like you did a lot of work to get this card created. It was so worth it though for how adorable it is. I love that little girl image and you did a great job coloring her and adding accents. I just love it!

Unknown said...

Wow! Debbie, this is just sooo gorgeous! I love it!

Kristie said...

OMG! this is tooooo adorable!!!! Love it ♥ There are just so many cute Magnolia stamps and not enough $ in my bank account for all of them! You really did an awesome job on this challenge!

Mandy Schiller said...

How adorable Debbie! What a great idea for your challenge! The cuttlebug just sets it off!

Mandyxx

Kellie said...

Well you already know that I LOVE, LOVE this card Deb, it's gorgeous!
Kelx

Cheryl said...

Beautiful,I love it!!! The dress and little Tilda are so cute!!
xx

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Gorgeous Debbie, I love these templates and you have done amazing things with this one!

:) Marcia P

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What an adorable little dress this is. I like the embossing detail.

jjcreations said...

Wonderfully cute card!!!!!

Stamp and Smile said...

Now Debbie, quit it! You’re making me want to STAMP!! LOL... :) Such an adorable baby card. And that CB embossing gives the right texture.... TFS! Have a super weekend my friend... just one more day left!! :)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh, Debbie, this is so sweet! So pretty and unique. Just lovely!

So, you make bears and dolls? You have to share some pix!

xOx Lisa

Ramona Michaluk said...

This card is so sweet Debbie - doesn't Tilda look like a little angel !! The card is so pretty and would be a perfect gift for any new mum.
Love the template for this one - thanks for sharing it and for the link.

I now have quite a few templates (and ideas going around in my head)ready for my next projects !

Hugs,
Ramona xx

Robyn said...

Wow!!! Nearly missed it- Didn't realise you had it posted! What a great job you have done- knew it just suited your style!- gorgeous!

Faye Butterworth said...

Debbie,
This is a brilliant card, well done, I love everything about it.

Christy said...

Awe...that is beautiful :)

Andrea, said...

Oh this is s cute Debbie and a wonderful card shape

Anonymous said...

Ooooh that is soooo cute! Brilliant!!!!
Deb A

Lisa R said...

So CUTE! But I am shutting my eyes. I spend too much on SU stamps so I can't be tempted by these stamps.

Ann said...

Super sweet and oh-so-cute!

Sammi said...

Ooh Ooh Ooh, This is so adorable!! Love the template you used and the image is so sweet!! I just ♥ swiss dots too!
gorgeous creation Debbie!
xxx