Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Chicks Inspiration Challenge - Week 2


Last week my blog buddy Emily suggested I try out the new challenge on the block at Chicks with Inkpads - their name alone gave me a good enough excuse to play - it made me laugh! It has also been soo nice having such great support for our new challenge at MDUC - so this gave me added reason to support this challenge and give it a go.


For my entry I decided I wanted to replicate the table with the artwork hanging above it. It didn't turn out quite like I had it pictured in my head - but I wasn't too unhappy with it. After all - what I imagine I can create is often different to the reality - and the reality can often be better! I used the Live Your Dream set and Scribble wheels to create my look. The "tablecloth" has been embossed with white EP. The Hodge Podge hardware represents the silver bowl on the table and the framed flowers are the pictures on the wall.

I hope your weekend is full of fun - mine has certainly started off that way - it's always good to have a full on belly laugh with the family - even if my silent wheezy laugh is the reason for a lot of it - they call it my "Muttley" laugh!!!

Take care and CYA next time....

17 comments:

Emily said...

I'm glad you decided to do this challenge and I love the card you came up with! I love the freedom to create with this challenge so you can really think outside the box or circle or whatever:) Anyway, I really like how you layed out this care and those little flowers are so darn cute! Nice job!

Kristine said...

Debbie, what a gorgeous interpretation of that inspiration challenge!! LOVE the colors, and the dp, and flowers with pearls--it's all very lovely! :) xx

Lisa R said...

I love what you did with the scribble wheel. It looks very beautiful!

Ali B said...

Gorgeous card Debbie...looking forward to making some in the holidays and dinner on Tuesday!

Mandy Schiller said...

Looks great Debbie! Love your take on the challenge!

Mandyxx

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Now I would never have used the white with the scribbly wheel - wow. Great card, colours are superb.

:) Marcia

Karen said...

Hey there Deb!

Am lovin' your take on this challenge - absolutely perfect!

Karen
xo

Cheryl said...

Fabulous,love what you have done with the scribbly wheel!!!
xxconte

Christine Henderson said...

That's SO beautiful. Love the delicate look of the embossed & coloured 'tablecloth'. You continue to inspire, Debbie!

Cathy said...

Terrific take on the challenge, Debbie! It's really fresh. I love all the detail you added with the scribble wheel! Thanks so much for playing along!

Donna MacDonald said...

Wow! I thought the scribbly wheel was patterned paper - I had to take a really good look at it again. I love the fact that we can reach across the globe with our blogs/websites! Thanks so much for joining in on our challenge and watch for our next one coming out on Tuesday (Wednesday for you?).

Lynda said...

Hey Debbie. FAB card! I'm not a real pink person, but love what you have done.

jjcreations said...

This is beautiful. I may case this layout! I love the patterned paper too.

Stamp and Smile said...

You nailed this challenge... and the scribbles is just DIVINE! I like how you filled in the flowers and vines... :) And the pearls are my "weekness"!!! Awesome eye candy Debbie! Smiles.. Michelle :)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I can totally see the inspiration piece reflected in your card. It's wonderful! I love the pearls in the centers of the flowers... and the colors are some of my favorites.

I have a Muttley laugh myself... not always, but it sneaks out now and then. Are we long lost twins? LOL

xOx Lisa

Ann said...

So pretty! Love your colors and tiny pearls!

Kellie said...

WOW Deb that is so effective, love it!
Kelx