Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Experimenting with New Stuff!


Last week I went off to the Stitches and Craft Show in Melbourne with a friend and my 2 sisters. It was at a new venue and was run by new management - and I must admit to being very disappointed!! Never mind - more money to spend on the new catalogue!!!

One thing I did get was a "reverse image" stamp - where you can stamp an image onto the rubber and then re-stamp it as a mirror image onto cardstock - hope that makes sense?!?!?! I came home and grabbed a scrap of Very Vanilla with a torn edge and stamped the large fish from Fishy Friends on in reverse and as normal. I also stamped the hearts from the new Greetings Eight set. I put it away for a few days thinking it was "just a bit of fun" and a scrap to throw away sometime. I found it again today and decided to see what it would look like coloured up. One thing led to another and here's the end result - not too shabby for a scrap I was going to pop in the paper bin!!! Just remember - scraps CAN be useful - LOL...

12 comments:

Lynda said...

Wow....what a revelation Debbie. Sorry to hear that the S & C show was disappointing...can only hope that Sydney is not the same...but will keep eye out for the reversing thingy.....I am sure with more scraps....wonderful creativity can be ignited!

Jean McKenzie said...

A great way to use the Fishy stamp!! You will be able to make a Cheers card like mine now you have the reverse image stamp! Great card Debbie.

Cheryl said...

Fabulous card very creative!!! I keep all of my scraps,just have to use them....lol.....
xx

Kathryn Mangelsdorf said...

I wish my scarp card were like this fantastic - as mine do end up in the bin! Reserve image stamp? I have not heard of this but I do not go to craft and scrapbooking shop as I spend to much money.

Emily said...

I love how this card turned out Debbie! Thanks for the inspiration to use up scraps. We can all use that!

Sammi said...

Great card! Love the reversed image!!
Sorry to hear Stitches and craft was disappointing!!
Sammi
xxx

Kellie said...

WOW ok I want one now. The card is just gorgeous Deb, so cute, love it!
Kellie xx

Amy said...

Excellent card Debbie... I might have to investigate this reverse image stamp!!

Alana Galagher said...

What a cute card - so glad the image did not end up in the bin :-)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Okay, now don't start getting me feeling guilty about all the scraps I throw away! They are overtaking me! LOL

This is such a cute card! I love the mirror image trick. I have not tried that and need to do so! That Fishy Friends set is perfect for this. I love the way you colored the scales on the fish.

xOx
Lisa

Stamp and Smile said...

To fun Debbie! I LOVE the cute fishy's and using your new technique to get a reversed image. I've seen this done with birds facing each other and then have a saying "LOVE BIRDS" attached. I use my scraps of DP and CS often... as you can see from my last post!! (My bright card!) Hugs.... :)

Leigh said...

Well for a scrap, I wouldn't have believed it if you hadn't said. What a fabulous card. Glad you made use of your reverse image stamp. It's a wonderful tool and so worth it. Sorry you were disappointed with the show.