Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2009

KWerner Color Challenge #38


I didn't think I'd get to do the challenge this week - they usually close on a Thursday (Kristina's time) and I was out of reach of all my stamping gear and a computer! I luckily(??) got woken up early this morning by my dog - so thought I may as well have a go at getting the challenge done in time. I checked out Kristina's blog and it was still open! So off I padded in my pj's and slippers to my stamping space - hadn't wanted to wake DH up by dressing!!!
The first thing these colours said to me was "butterfly" - don't know why - it could be the sleep deprivation! I decided to use my Garden Whimsy big butterfly and stamped it twice after inking it up in Pumpkin Pie and rolling the edges in the Ruby Red. I cut one out and used some Crystal Effects to stick it down - it also gave it something to "sit on" as the central fold is quite small and weak. I added some bling to the butterflies body and antennae with some orange (I say Pumpkin Pie today!) rhinestones from my stash. I also used my Forest Branches Cuttlebug folder to add some texture to the strip of Pumpkin Pie.
One more thing - a little hint from my pal Ramona - click on her name to check it out properly. I wasn't sure if I had any Ruby Red CS left - but I found some in my scraps box and knew it was the right colour because I used Ramona's idea of having a key tag with all the colours of CS on! Great idea Ramona - it's not just useful for colour matching while you're shopping!!!!
I better go and pop it into the challenge before I run out of time - be back soon with more!!!

15 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Very nice card!! tfs!!
-t

Leigh said...

Wow Debbie, this is just a gorgeous card. I absolutely love it. The layering of the butterfly's wings, the colours and I love the Forest Branches folder, yep, I've got it and haven't used it yet.

Dani Fender said...

Love how you coloured the butterfly and 3d-ed (if that's a word) it! Lovely!

Jean McKenzie said...

Truly beautiful Debbie! You did well to get your inspiration so early in the morning.

Unknown said...

Very pretty. TFS.

Kellie said...

WOW Debbie this card is stunning, I love it. Think I am going to have to come around with a stack of paper and get you to cuttle bug thingy them for me, lol. They really make a card. But your butterfly is just beautiful! Gee your fast too! xx

Ramona Michaluk said...

Gorgeous card Debbie - love the
3D butterfly and the embossed panel.

The colours on the butterfly are beautiful - great job (again!).

Liam said...

Gorgeous card as always. Love the
3D effect.

Liam

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Great job, Debbie! I love everything about the butterfly... the coloring around the edges, the way you popped it up, and the gold "pearls." I give you the prize!

P.S. Some of my best cards are made while I'm in my jammies! :-)

Leonie said...

This is a gorgeous card Debbie

Mandy Schiller said...

Wow! I love this card Debbie! You make me want to get my cuttlebug out again! Thanks for the inspiration.

Mandyxx

kareN stampZ said...

yes that's a very lovely butterfly

Debbie M said...

Hi Debbie - love wnat you have done here. especially adore how you have done the butterfly!!

Debbie M

Christy said...

The colors are really beautiful...lovely take on the challenge

Stamp and Smile said...

Just darling! I do some of my best stamping in my fuzzy slippers and PJ's!! :) Such a lovely butterfly and great 3-D effect... Plus the CB embossing adds so much. TFS!! :)