Pages

Monday, April 18, 2016

Aurora Wings Challenge #27


This week's challenge over at Aurora Wings is "Say it with Flowers".


 I had so much fun with the little Pierrot Sprite card than I made here that when I was looking for an image to use for this challenge this beautiful one just seemed to call out to me. This is Harlequinade, an older image from Mitzi I believe, but absolutely gorgeous. 

 I used the same digi paper to mask her onto before adding a black border and printing her out. I gave the mask a little bit of definition with my shading and used a 2-tone look for the larger diamonds to make it look more vibrant. I then used those 2 tones in the main flowers, but separately this time. Lots of shine with the clear gelly roll pen and some rhinestones finished her off. I think this is such a theatrical image and thought the outline of rhinestones resembled stage lights - or maybe that's just my imagination running wild ;) 

From this angle you can see the shine from the glitter pen better, but sadly the other colours appear more washed out. I love the feeling that her eyes are hiding but giving you a piercing stare at the same time. More of my imagination coming into play perhaps!

Don't forget to check out the rest of the AMAZING DT inspiration on our BLOGWe also have a very active Facebook Fan Group with additional contests, challenges and inspiration.  We hope to see you there. 

Copics Used - 100, C4, C3, C1, C00, B000, R89, R39, R27, R24, R22, R20, Y21, YG97, YG93, YG91, YR21, YR15, YR09, YR000, Sakura clear glitter gelly roll pen

5 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

WOW, Debbie! How theatrical and gorgeous! Love the sparkle, especially behind the eyes which adds a note of mystery and the color scheme is one of my faves. Just beautiful! xxD

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Love this stunning project, Debbie!! That diamond design paper is so perfect for this digi! i love your coloring on the image with beautiful coutour shading, creating the dimensional look on the mask, which can be so tricky. Thank you so much for this gorgeous inspiration for our latest challenge at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xxx

Jeni said...

Stunning card Debbie! ~jeni :)

Creepy Glowbugg said...

You never cease to amaze me with your creativity and talent, Debbie. This project is no exception. Beautifully crafted and colored. I love it so much! You are my card making hero.
Hugs,
Glo

Julie Reed said...

Stunning Debbie, I am just about to colour this one up too, I hope it ends up half as beautiful as yours has x