Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #187


This week at Magnolia Down Under Challenges it's ... 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US

WOW I can't believe Magnolia Down Under has been going for FOUR YEARS now and I have been there since the very beginning! We've had some AWESOME ladies join us in our DT over the years - talented card makers and fabulous people - many of whom I consider good friends. The superb quality of the entries always amazes me too!

I had a little play with my background on this card. I stamped Tilda onto my blending card and then used my spellbinders nestie to cut her out. I used the embossing line to give me a border for my colouring and coloured in the background first. I then added some texture using some gauze and colourless blender before splashing on some more colourless blender to create the spots. Once the background had dried off properly I coloured Tilda in. Some stardust stickles add a magical touch to the stars coming off Tilda's wand.

Check out our BLOG to see the amazing inspiration from our fabulous DT and come and join us to help us celebrate.

Copics Used - Skin (E11, E00, E000, R20, R11) plus E49, E43, E42, E40, E27, E18, E15, E13, BG18, BG13, BG11, BG10, BG000, YR27, Y19, Y13, Y00, C4, C2


12 comments:

Fleur said...

Gorgeous card Debbie, the background looks fantastic
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Louise said...

Oh Debbie! Those are some pretty amazing words you wrote about us here! You must be sooo proud of the challenge blog and all the hard work you did together with the other boss ladies :) I know I am of being a DT member! I've been with you for almost two years now and I'm soooo thrilled still :) It's the one DT spot ill never leave by my own hands! ;) You're stuck with me ❤

I love the background you made! My word, it's lush! And Tilda is so cute as a little magican :) Amazing color combo and the inking is out of this world!

Biggest of hugs

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

She's gorgeous Debbie, I love the sparkles on her wand. As usual the colouring is amazing.

Cheers,
Kasey

Emma said...

This looks Fabulous Debbie! I love how you have done that background, it looksAmazing! Sorry I didn't get a chance to come back and have a better chat on Friday at the craft show, u were certainly a busy lady! Hope you enjoyed the show!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Another gorgeous card, Debbie. Love how you did Tilda's background. You come up with some great ideas. ox Marg

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

amaaaaazing!!! you've coloured her up so magically. love the whole design and how you did the background. thank you so much for having me as part of your amazingly talented team!!! happy birthday mduc!! :D hehe

Unknown said...

Hey there Partner! WOW MUDC is 4!! And you have been here from the very very very start, that is just amazing, I think MDUC would not have gone on this long without you! You are our glue hunny, you keep us happy and cheerful and always gives us or me the best advice, I love you and I wish we lived closer so I could drive instead of fly or sail to your house! You are a beautiful person inside and out and I feel very happy to be your friend:-)

Your card btw is totally Gorge!! I loe wizard Tilda!! as I love so many others, but there is just so many isn't there!

Love ya
Karen
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Patrice said...

Hello Debbie, For the first I looking
on youre blog and see very beautiful work...I'll definitely look back.
Greets Patrice

Jane said...

Hi sweetie, happy 4th birthday :)!!!! OMG your background is amazing!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you explained how to do it - I wanna try! Do you put the colourless blender actually onto the gauze and then dab?? Gorgeous colours and I love this image too, big hugs, Jane xxx

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Another gorgeous card, love all the detail and Tilda is gorgeous.
Hugs
Sue

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Congrats on the b'day! Wow! Have I really known you that long? This is just the cutest image! Love the little glasses! You need to stop tempting me, Debbie! Hugs xxx

Lynda said...

Hocus pokus and wowsers Debbie. Love this to bits. ooxx