Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #109


This week over at Magnolia Down Under Challenges we have a really fun challenge for you - create something inspired by a song! I've seen some of the inspiration privided by the MDUC DT and boy have they had me humming along to songs from my past...and created gorgeous scenes to delight the eyes! Pop on over to our blog and check them out!

This week we have a fabulous new regular sponsor - Stampy Land - who are offering our winner a $20 gift certificate - so brush off your favourite song lyrics and come along and play!
My scene is inspired by the song Moonlight Over Paris by Vanessa Williams - and if you click on the name of the song you can check out a youtube video of it - I was going to try and be all technical and insert it here but that is waaaayyyyy beyond my computer skills and hubby is away so I can't ask him to help! And then when I told my daughter the song I based this on all she said was "WHO??" - I feel soo old - LOL. But at least she knows Vanessa Williams as an actress from Ugly Betty even if she didn't know she could sing!

I've masked the Magnolia Moon and Eiffel Tower stamps together and popped them on a background stamped with my Stampin' Up En Francais stamp. I added Tilda and made some rolled roses with the scraps from the En Francais background. A black border using my Magnolia heart border die and I think I've created a reasonable Parisienne feel - just need the crepe makers on the corner and a bottle of French wine - BLISS!

xXx

9 comments:

Debbie Dolphin said...

oh wow debbie
fantastic girl
This challenge is just fabulous. You girls blow me away xxx
I'm sat in Lanzarote at the moment and you all have made my night with all the fab ideas xxx
Hugs

Debbie xxx

Louise said...

Hiya gorgeous!
Wow, Debbie!
I always leave your place fully loaded with new inspiration and this card is so beautiful! Love the Tilda you choose and the scrummy colouring :) Amazing! Going to have to check out that song too :) And the Eiffel tower is so cool, I'm going to have to cave and get myself one of those too ;)
Lol!

Hugs!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card!

Kylie said...

Awesome card Deb. Love all your cutting out you patient girl! Love the little flowers in the corner too. Is that a couple of handmade ones I see? Love it.

Hugs, xoxo

JLJ Designs said...

Debs - This card is AMAZING! I love that big moon with the Eiffel tower.

Jen

Lynda said...

I still maintain Debbie that I wld love to spend a day in ur creative brain. This is too much...I love it....and yes...I was humming too. You have so much small GORJUS detail on this card....the stamped roses and the wee ramshackle heart border.....very French, tres chic!! ooxx

Melodie said...

Wow, this card is fantastic, Tilda in Paris.
Hugs
Melodie

Isa said...

Wow !! I like so much this card !!

Isa of Spain

Riet said...

So gorgeous card,I love the images and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx