Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Fundraising for Lyndall


My dear friend Cheryl has one of the biggest hearts I know - she is calling for help for a fellow crafter in need. This ability to help others through our blogs is one of the things I love the most about blogland and the people here. You can read Lyndall's story HERE on Cheryl's blog and learn more about how we can all get behind Lyndall. Not only are there gorgeous digis for sale in a specially created store HERE - with all proceeds going to Lyndall and her family to help with her battle, but there's also a benefit night being arranged.

My card has been made using one of the digis available - this one is called Model and this image and some fabulous sentiments like the one I used were kindly donated by Bizzy Becs.

If you can't make the benefit night there are so many ways you can be a part of this. You can send Lyndall a card of support, buy some of the gorgeous digis available or donate something for the benefit. I have finally found a use for this single bed quilt I began some time ago and never quite got finished. I am in the middle of binding it and it will be part of the donations for the benefit.

I hope to inspire some of you to help out too - big or small every little bit helps!


Extra copics used....Skintones - R20, R11, E08, E00, E000
Ciaos on picture - R37, R35, R32, E51.
And the reason my Y000 has a number blacked out - I bought a second Y0000 pen by mistake and a Y000 refill - so when my lighter ink ran out I topped it up with the darker ink and changed the code on the pen!

xXx

8 comments:

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Gorgeous card Debbie and for a fantastic cause. I would be at the benefit if I lived closer. I have a card to post to Cheryl to pass on to Lyndall, and off t check out the digi's.
hugs
Sue xo

Tracy said...

Your card is stunning.
This crafting community is so thoughtful and giving.
So sweet of you to donate your quilt.

for me said...

Hi Debbie,thankyou for your kind words,but I am very sure you and many other crafters would do the same thing.You have me in tears at the moment,must be because I am tired and have sinus too.Anyway,thankyou for everything from the bottom of my heart.BTW GORGEOUS card,I love seeing the cards made with these digi's,adding it to the gallery shortly.
Love and Hugs always
Cheryl xx

Melodie said...

Wow, fabolous card, the image is really great.
Hugs
Melodie

Cheryl said...

Hi Debbie,I am sure you have guessed by now that the for me comment was me...lol....I was not logged into my blog when I commented.
Hugs xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Debbie.

Hugs Riet.xx

LaJanette said...

Hi Debbie;

Saw this card on the website for the donations and such; It is AWESOME! Love all those reds; your model is so stylish!

You too have such a great heart to part with this awesome quilt!

:)
Janette

P.S. I just sent my package yesterday of cards to Cheryl:0) I too love that we can come together through blogland and help each other all over the world!

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous card! What a great cause. Your quilt is beautiful. xxD