Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Happy 13th Birthday Rio

Today is Rio's 13th birthday and I've used the special limited time release image that her mum Betty from Simply Betty Stamps had commissioned for this special day. I recently posted THIS story about how this gorgeous girl had asked for her birthday money to be given to the local children's hospital instead of being spent on a trip to Disneyland. All profits from the sale of this image will also be donated to the hospital!

Betty asked if people could use the image and send the card on to Rio as a surprise for her kindness and this is the card I've sent on. I asked Betty what Rio's favourite colours were and she said lime green, hot pink and orange - WOW BRIGHT!!!! - well 2 out of 3 ain't bad - LOL. So if you need to pop on your sunglasses you can blame it on Rio ; )

I saw these gorgeous DPs on my friend Cheryl's blog and hope she won't mind me using them too - they were perfect as they have already mixed some of Rio's favourite colours together. They are a freebie digital set from Sky Scraps - available HERE. They come with lots of fun embellishment bits to layer on - like the zipper I used. I had a lot of fun adding some of these elements to my background before printing off extra flowers to cut out layer up over the printed one. The best part is I could add all these elements and only had to print out one sheet - it saved a HEAP on international postage over my multi-layered cards!

Anyhow - I hope Rio likes her surprise and I KNOW the children at the hospital are going to LOVE Rio's generosity.

Happy Birthday Rio!

xXx

6 comments:

Jeni said...

What a wonderful thing to read about!! Makes my heart smile. Super cool card Debbie! So bright and I love that zipper. ~jeni :)

Dena said...

Hey there Ms. Debbie! I'm sorry you are working so hard. I don't know how you had time to squeeze in this adorable card. The colors are so awesome!! The zipper is a fun embellishment too! This is a great idea!
Hugs to you my friend!
Dena

Betty Boo! said...

OMG that is gorgeous Debbie! She is going to loooove it! I love it! Those colors are beautiful! Whoohooo!!!!

Thank you so much!

Betty

Merry said...

Fantastic.....so love the colours, I am sure Rio will love it. I really thought that was real zip....how wonderful.

Betty Boo! said...

Hi Mrs. Debbie this is Rio and I just want to thank you so much for the awesome card! I love it. I wish I could dye my hair like that! I love the colors and the brightness of the card! It's so pretty and happy! Thank you so much it was an awesome day.

From Rio

Cheryl said...

WOW this is GORGEOUS,the colour combo is FABULOUS and so are those AMAZING papers......don't you just love them!!! Of course I don't mind you using the papers,you have done an amazing job with them!!
xx