Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Miss Anya's Wednesday Visit to The Stamp Spot

I love my Miss Anya's and this one is fast becoming a favourite. I was going to pair her with the gorgeous little cow from TGF McSplendid Farm - I thought she could be a little milk maid! - but unfortunately I just couldn't get it to work for me.

I had these strips of October Afternoon DP from The Stamp Spot and they just seemed to work in with the colours I had used for Miss Anya (from the Miss Anya Dressy set). I also think it's great to show how such a small bit of great DP can lift a card!!! I layered Miss Anya onto some Rose Red CS and then onto some Chocolate Chip CS that I had cuttlebug embossed in the left hand corner - I wanted the rest "flat". It's a fairly simple layout but hopefully the recipient will like it!

Marcia has cuttlebug embossing folders, The Greeting Farm stamps, October Afternoon DP and Kaiser Rhinestones all available at The Stamp Spot Online Store. The rest are from SU or my stash.

xXx

12 comments:

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh Debbie this is simply gorgeous. I love the colours and the DP is pretty cute.
mwah
Trace

Lynda said...

I love the warmth of this card Deb. I nearly got Miss Anya last Stamp Spot visit...but fiscal challenges halted my progress....so she's down for next time!! The minimal DSP use is gr8 and of course..my fave..the use of the C'bug!!! Expertly coloured (again)....all over FAB card!!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful rich colours and love your colouring of Anya......absolutely gorgeous!!!
xx

Sue said...

Deb, she is darling, and colored to perfection.......love the colors you chose too. Like how you left part of the choc brown flat too.

Unknown said...

Very, very sweet. I love the embossing - what a gorgeous pattern. She is very elegant.
Alicia xx

Annette Bowes said...

How beautiful she looks, looks are too pretty to be milking a cow. Those flowers are pretty too! Take Care, AnnetteX:)

Dena said...

Oh what gorgeous coloring!!!! stunning! Now that you say it, I see the "milk maid" thing. She really would look cute with that cow. ha ha! The little extra DP really does make it pop and your recipient will LOVE it! Hugs to you girl!!! Dena

Kristine said...

She is the sweetest and I LOVE your idea to use her with a cow--she really COULD pass for a milking maid! :) But she's so sweet by herself too and I love your sketch here. Great way to use those scrap strips everyone has. Your coloring of her is so FABULOUS--love her hair and the lighting effect you gave! :)

Alison said...

She is gorgeous, I love the colours and the way you have created a frame with the embossing and the DSP - great idea.
xox

Kellie said...

This is amazing Deb! using my new found fav papers. Your colouring just WOWS me every time! The flowers are the perfect added touch. mmmm still not sold on these stamps but your slowly making me think I might just need one! xx

Leigh said...

Lovely Debbie. Wonderful colouring and colours.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I love this set, too... my faves of all the Miss Anyas. That IS a great idea, pairing her with the cow. Hmmm.... I shall have to think that over.

You say simple, but I think this is deceptively simple. You still have so many wonderful details that making it a truly wonderful card!

Hugs and love,
Lisa