Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Aurora Wings Challenge #19


This week over at Aurora Wings Challenges  our theme is Dia de los Muertos. Mitzi has some wickedly FABULOUS darker images and I chose to use the Bone Queen (available in the Etsy Store or HERE in the shop). I must admit I printed her out and asked myself WHY I had chosen her...but like any colouring the trick is to start and see where the journey takes you. My journey ended up with khaki poppies with blood red centers - and I have to admit this is one of my favourite projects at the moment! 

I popped her in a shadow box frame and added some deliciously grungy flower corners....even my hubby said he liked this one - LOL.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the AMAZING DT inspiration on our BLOGWe also have a very active Facebook Fan Group with additional contests, challenges and inspiration.  We hope to see you there.

Spiderweb Corner die - La-La Land Crafts

Copics Used
Skin - C5, C4, C3, C2, C0. C00
Eyes - R29, R27
Hair - 100, C10, C6, C3
Mask - E00, E000, R29, R27
Flowers - YG99, YG97, YG93, YG91, R29, R27, R24, C8, C5
Feathers - 100, C8, C5, C3, C1

2 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Debbie, I just LOVE the color scheme you chose for this gorgeous image. The khaki flowers with red buds is so unexpected, but totally gorgeous, and the flowers and webs add such a macabre elegance. Fabulous! xxD

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

I love this shade of green you used on the Bone Queen image, Debbie! So fresh to the eye as I've seen this done in red so many times (my own version included!). I know your favorite color is green and you've done your magic with that color again here. Stunning and captivating! Thank you so much for this spectacular inspiration for our new challenge at Aurora Wings.

Mitzi xxx