Pages

Monday, September 21, 2015

Aurora Wings Challenge #18


This week over at Aurora Wings Challenges we have an easy one for you.......


I've decorated a few Christmas candles in the past and my mum has always liked them so I thought I'd make an everyday one especially for her. For this candle I used Himalayan Blue Poppy, also available HERE.

For those of you unsure of how to stamp onto a candle here's a quick YouTube tutorialI use the sort of tissue you use for packing - it has one slightly shiny side which works well with the markers as it doesn't absorb the ink and spread. You can't spend too much time blending though as the ink can start lifting....I hope you give it a try xXx

Copics Used
Skin - E13, E11. E00, E000, R24, R20, R11
Poppies - YG99, YG95, YG91, YG23, 100, Y21, Y17, YR24, R89, R24, R22, R21
Eyes - YG23, YG07
Hair - E49, E44, E43, E41

3 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Your mum will be thrilled with this gorgeous candle, Debbie! It's a technique I've been dying to try, so thanks for the link and the tip on the tissue. Your coloring is perfect and the embellies are beautiful. xxD

Shelley said...

OHHHH EMMMMM GEEEEE! That's gorgeous! Thank you for sharing!

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

I LOVE this project of yours, Debbie!! What a stunning candle, with gorgeous coloring and details! I'm definitely going to have to try - maybe attempt to make some gifts for Christmas. You totally inspired me! :D Thank you so much for this great inspiration for our challenge at Aurora Wings.

Big hug,
Mitzi xxx