Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #229


This fortnight's challenge over at Magnolia Down Under is....

HEARTS & FLOWERS

I found this rattan heart in my local Reject Shop and this cute frame came from a local Op Shop (Thrift Store). I removed the back from the frame and used it to mark the space needed on the heart and then I used some of my hubby's tin snips to remove a section leaving a depression about 2cm deep. I coloured up a Mini World Tilda and glued her to the base of the depression before gluing the front of the frame in too. I wish I could capture how good this looks with Tilda inset but I just couldn't get the 3D look in a 2D photo. Tilda's colours were based on those on the frame. A few leaves and flowers and a big net bow and I was done. I was sorely tempted to add more but I'm glad I didn't - this is just more ME....

Don't forget to pop over to our BLOG and check out the rest of the fabulous DT inspiration and remember you have 2 weeks to enter.

Copics Used - Skin (E11, E00, E000, R20, R11) plus R27, R24, R22, R21, E40, E42, E43, E44, G29, YG25, YG23, YG21, YG17 

4 comments:

Nicole Wright Designs said...

This is adorable Debbie! I adore your Tilda in that wee frame. That is so stickin cute! I LOVE going through the thrift shops! Some great finds in there.

Dena said...

So dang adorable!!! How is it you are so clever?!!! I think this is a GREAT idea!!!
Hugs, Dena

Lynda said...

So love this Debbie. I LOVE the Reject shop and what you can find in there. BEAUTIFUL project. ooxx

Michele Roos said...

This is such a gorgeous project Debbie. Love the colours and the design. Hugs Michele x