Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Australia Day Blog Hop for Make it Crafty


As an Aussie this is an important time of year for us - the 26th of January is Australia Day - our National Day - when it's OK to use a bit of Ocker Slang and pop some snags on the barbie while sucking down a tinnie or two when friends lob in. To celebrate the fun the Make it Crafty team are blog hopping along to all things Australian.  

And to help us celebrate Australia Day in style Zoe has a hum dinger of a prize on offer - hidden along the hop is this prize for one lucky commenter...



How AWESOME is THAT!!!!

I have created my scene with some of the Outback Elements and my favourite Jolly ol' fella - Aussie Santa, who is obviously taking a well earned break after the Christmas rush while checking out Uluru - one of our national wonders. I also added a gumnut corner to my scene - although later I thought I should have done it in 3D. I was wondering what to use for an embellishment when I saw an old corrugated fence on a walk recently so I came home and painted some card up grey and then dry brushed on some "brown" to act as rust.

Wishing all of my Aussie mates a corker of a day.

Your next stop on the hop is the fabulous Asa's blog.

Blog Hop List - Aeryn, Trudie, Daria, Delphine, Bron, Stephanie, Debbie {me}, Åsa, Franz, Jen JRuby, Julie  
Make it Crafty Digi Images - Aussie Santa, Gumnut Large Corner, Outback Elements 
Make it Crafty Chipboard - Dragonflies

Copics Used - 
Scene - E89, E44, E43, E41, E29, E27, E23, E19, E09, E07, YR27, YR21, R27, R08, G99, G85, C8, C4, C2
Aussie Santa - Skin (E21 E13, E11, E000) plus R59, R29, R24, R20, C5, C2, B97. B93, B91, E44, E42, G16, G14

20 comments:

vicmbee said...

That is awesome as is your card, that bloke is one of my favourites to colour..

Corinne said...

Fantastic job!!! Great coloring..
Hugs

Jillee said...

Debbie that is a corker of card! Absolutely love the corrugated iron! Fab!

Irene's Creations said...

Love this. Great job.

BlackBird said...

Absolutely stunning

Мария Воробьёва (Mashanya) said...

Very colourful picture, and, of course, very beautiful!

PashaCou said...

I just love your card! Santa looks right at home here and blends in quite nicely.
Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
Hugs,

Fiona Powell said...

Love how you have combined all the images and the colouring is great.

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

What a fun scene with Aussie Santa! Love the project!

Sally Richardson said...

G'Day Debbie, Gotta love your card and helping us Aussies celebrating Australia Day with all these superb cards on the MIC blog hop.. its Awesome!

Sammi said...

Awesome Debbie!! LOVE this!!! :D Think I'm going to have to get that image to colour for my Dad's bday in March lol!! Love the scene too... I LOVE windmills!
Happy Australia Day :D
Sammi
xxx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Love the Ocker slang, Debbie! Seems to come very naturally to you. Brilliant job on the colouring, hunny! Hugs xxx

Olivia said...

Fab coloring and very impressed with you Australian slang ...great combo of scene elements.

Mary Lou said...

Fun fun fun card~~I am digging this collection---so mandy fabby elements and scenes!!!!
Hugs of thanks

Gretchen said...

Hope your Australia Day was beaut! Wonderful scene and I do admire how you did your fence very clever.

EmbossingQueen said...

What a beut scene. Very Ocker! You did a Bonza job. Hope you had a hum dinger of a day on Australia Day!

Granmargaret said...

Great card Debbie. Thank you for sharing

loulou said...

Couldn't keep the snags on the barbie, far too windy and wet. Had to have a lamb roast - least I wont get lambnesia. Fantastic scene, love the corrugated corner - great touch. Cheers Mate from not so sunny Brisvegas.

Adriana Morales said...

Love this card. I love your colouring, your embellishments, especially the clever way of adding corrugated fence and definitely all the slang.

Blessings,
Adriana

Jane said...

Belated Happy Australia Day sweetie - hope the weathers not too bad in your part of Oz at the mo!
Fantastic card mate - it's a little ripper! (hope I got that right)
Hugs
Jane