Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Make It Colourful - Pleats and Folds


This week at Make it Colourful it's all about adding pleats and folds. Our sponsor this week is Magnolia-Licious so I've used a Magnolia Christmas sentiment. I've also used Make it Crafty's Sitting Annalise digi stamp and popped her on some pleated and folded ribbon candy. The candy image came from one of my favourite decorative painting designers - Debbie Mitchell of Cozy Cubby fame. I have several of her gorgeous patterns and books from when I painted and always loved her ribbon candy - I thought it would be perfect for this challenge.

I've always found it fascinating to make something 2D look 3D by adding highlights and shadows with colour. I know there are some other AMAZING ideas for this challenge from the other MiC DT gals too - so check them out on our blog HERE. I've also used some Make it Crafty Flower Leaf Swirls lasercuts to add some sparkle.

xXx

9 comments:

Jopie said...

How beautiful and colourful is this card and I love the image very gorgeous.
hugs jopie

Anonymous said...

Adorable scene, Debbie! Beautiful job on your card. Love that ribbon candy images! Sweet! hugs, Angela

Cheryl said...

So very BEAUTIFUL and BRILLIANT colouring!!!
xx

Riet said...

Wonderful card Debbie,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lynda said...

Woo hoo Debbie...I have made it!!!! I am still in S'pore...so dedication has to count for something...right???
I love this fun and fab card. It is a Chrissy one....but not kitsch. I do like it v v much. Great job on the candy....if only I cld. Love the sparkle and bling. Too good. Sincerely hope all is well in ur world. You are in my thoughts. ooxx

Leanne said...

Hi Debbie! What an adorable card! that little girl is so cute, I must go and get her and that candy ribbon is so fun! Wow you are already getting your Christmas cards done. How cool! Had to stop by and leave u some love, this card is amazing!

Melodie said...

this is fantastic. Great colours and the image is really cool.
Hugs
Melodie

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

This is so cute and a great holiday card! My Grandma had that type of candy all the time - such a fond memory. ;D *Hugs

Leigh said...

Oh good enough to eat Debbie. Fabulous card.