Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Mo's Dream Team Blog Hop


This month our theme for our Mo's Dream Team Blog Hop is "Let it Snow", hosted by the fabulous Peri, who's blog is the starting point HERE. Apologies for the quality of my photos - it's very hard to get a clear shot of a rounded object without light reflecting somewhere!!!

A few weeks ago I found some fabulous little gift ideas at my local KMart - clear plastic "baubles" filled with bottles of lip gloss. They were only $3 and I managed to pop the lip glosses into some gifts because all I really wanted was the plastic case they came in - LOL. As soon as I saw this DT challenge I knew I was going to use one to create a snowy ornament. I used Mo's gorgeous Christmas Fairy Holly - available HERE. I printed her out twice - once in reverse - so I could colour her in and attach her back to back to make the ornament reversable. She's glued in place at her feet and the tip of her longest "wing".  I added some "snow" (glitter and flower soft) to the ornament before I sealed it - and then used some snowflake ribbon to hide the seal. A bow and a couple of glittery plastic snowflakes and she was ready for my tree.

Your next snowy stop on the hop is Heidy's blog - but the full list is below if you get lost along the way - with links in my left sidebar under Mo's logo.

Peri, Debbie, Heidy, Mina, Elaine, Arielle, Lori, Kerttu, Shirly, Jak

xXx

28 comments:

Chrissy said...

She is simply gorgeous. What a clever lady you are.
Luv CHRISSYxx

heidy said...

Hi Debbie,what a lovely creation!!!
Hugs Heidy

Debbie Dolphin said...

Debbie that is so adorable xxx Hope you are well xxx
love debbie xxx

Jak Heath said...

Oh gosh, too sweet for words, i love it, I can just imagine a Mo drawn Christmas tree.

Kylie said...

OMG OMG OMG Debbie!!! I want one!! This is soo cute. I love the image too!
Hugs
Kylie xx

Annette Bowes said...

Simply gorgeous Debbie! What a fantastic idea and how clever to reverse to get the back, gonna borrow that idea lol! Amazing colouring as always, take careX:)

Peri said...

Fantastic project Debbie! So clever and, of course, beautiful.
Hugs
Peri xx

debby4000 said...

Oh I love your beautiful ornament, its so adorable.
luv
Debby

Diane said...

A wonderful project, Debbie - I love your Christmas ornament!
Diane x

nicolet said...

Simply gorgeous!!
Hugs Nicolet

Janette said...

Brilliant idea and so effective.xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Debbie, I think this is a wonderful idea, and its something you can use again next year, its beautiful and the colouring is fabulous. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Christina said...

That is a gorgeous ornament you made Debbie!
Hugs Kristel

chrissy xx said...

Stunning!!! What a Fabulous idea.
Chrissyxx

Lau W said...

Debbie, it's very nice, so great idea ! Lovely !
xxx

My'scardcorner said...

WOW This is gorgeous and what a brilliant idea .
Myrax

Jen Shults said...

Oh wow Debbie this is just amazing. I love this idea!!! Beautiful. :D

Kerttu said...

Ohh how cute is that? Gorgeous.

Hugs
Kerttu

Arielle H Gordon said...

Debbie, this is AMAZING!!! Just perfect in EVERY way! Have a very Merry Christmas!!!

Renkata said...

wow Debbie this bal is so gorgeous , just magical.

Powerful Search Engine said...

This is beautiful I love this idea and she looks fantastic. Hugs Pascale

Janie Printz said...

What an amazing creation ... This is wonderful & so beautifully colored. You sound like me buying something to get the packaging ...
Hugs, Janie

Marlene said...

This is so beautiful, Debbie. What a great shot, too! Captured just perfectly.

Emily said...

Awesome Debbie!! I think you did a fabulous job with the photo:))

Lynda said...

This is so breathtakingly beautiful Debbie...I can picture the elements in my mind, but I am just staring at the GORJUS image....which I know you have used before. I had to laff abt buying the gift for the packaging....as I have done it before too. $3...you got a bargain girlfriend!!! I cannot rave about this projecy enough. Brilliant. ooxx

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh this is just precious, Debbie! Lucky you finding that fab packaging. I love this! xxD

Tine said...

Great idea. How lucky to have spotted the baubles!
Tine :)

Grenouille Greetings said...

A beautiful ornament and a great purchase of the baubles. I'm like that too. I buy a certain coffee not because I particularly like the taste but because it comes in a pretty jar which excites my creativity! Happy Holidays, Warmest wishes, Lesley