Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #13 - Under the Sea

Have you ever had one of those ideas that just doesn't translate to card??? I'm quite happy with the final result for this week's MDUC challenge but it is soooo not what I had planned!! I hate to think how many unsalvagable bits of CS I popped in the recycling bin - and how many time the design concept changed, but I got a card done in the end!!! My idea was not so much "Under the Sea" but what is under the sea - so I've done an aquarium, and Tilda seems to be enjoying watching the fishy antics!!!

I've used all sorts of different stamp sets to achieve the final result so I'll list them below. I also had several different Tilda's coloured up to try out - so I have a little stash of them to use for future cards now.

I can't wait to see what the rest of the DT come up with for the challenge - and what everyone else does with it too...so why don't you put on your thinking caps and come over to MDUC to play along.

xXx

Stamps Sets - SU
Fish - Fishy Friends (retired), Seaweeds - Pocket Silhouettes, Waves - swirl from Season of Joy, Sentiment from Short & Sweet.

16 comments:

Mandy Schiller said...

Great card Debbie I understand what u mean about not coming together as you first thought. I have one of those on my blog at the moment....lol...

Mandyxx

A Consuming Passion said...

Love your aquarium - those fish are cute as and a cheeky Tilda - very good I have to get one of these stamps I think all the cards I see with them are so eye catching! Hope you have a dry week-end!!!
Sue

Deb said...

You've done well Deb. I know you struggled with the fish while colouring at the rink....
Deb

Kristine said...

OKAAAAY!! This totally makes ME giggle. It is so refreshing to see this Debbie--LOVE IT sooo much. She's adorable and to even think to put those cute little fishies in the "aquarium" behind her is just absolutely PERFECT!! I'm so proud of you!!! This is such a happy card. OH, and very awesome coloring on those fish too! ;)

I know you're not from USA, so not sure if/when you celebrate Memorial Day, but we get Monday off, so Hope you have a wonderful weekend!! So, is it getting to be winter there??

Kerry Parkinson said...

I love this card, it is so fun and cheeky and it made me laugh when I saw it. Fan-tastic creativity! Thanks for the inspiration.

Emily said...

I think we can all relate to the struggles you had creating your card...sometimes it just doesn't come easy, but this card was worth the struggle...it's absolutely darling! I love the cute fish and how you created the aquarium! It's a happy card and brought a big smile to my face:)))) Thanks!

Cheryl said...

Fabulous card Debbie,the colour combo and colouring of Tilda is brilliant!!! Such a creative card,your ideas are always amazing!
xx

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card. I like how you have done the seaweed and the waves.

Kellie said...

Naw Deb this is gorgeous and half of my cards are not what I had in mind, lol. I love this it's cute and sweet in one card!
Kelx

Leonie said...

These fishies are sooo cute! I love how you have used the pocket silhouettes for the seaweed! So clever!

Leigh said...

Another fabulous card Debbie.

Lynda said...

Great outside-the-box-thinking Debbie. Ripper of a card.

Bec said...

Debbie, This is just so cute.. I do love this tilda..I love the fishy background too.. Bec xx

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Debbie, you are on a roll! This is wonderful... so whimsical. The moment I saw it, I started to smile. Again, I just keep staring. What a great way to start my day with your inspiring eye candy!

Hugs and High Fives,
Lisa

Stamp and Smile said...

I love it! So amazingly fun with Tilda enjoying the fishies!! Your aquarium looks perfect with this Nestie die shape... You always INSPIRE me Debbie! Smiles and hugs... Michelle :)

Wellnifty said...

I know what you mean by it not turning out like you planed, it often happens to me, but this has turned out lovely, great idea and so cute.

Chris xx