Pages

Saturday, June 3, 2023

Dede and Pod by Mo Manning


This sweet image is called Dede and Pod. I made this card to welcome a little girl into the world, such a precious time for any family. 

Once again I layered the image onto a digital paper frame and patterned paper. This time however I held my breath as I die cut the word "hello" out of the image. I then die cut several more in white, and layered them together to give the finished pop up effect in the image, This is such a fabulous technique to add texture with your sentiment. I can thankfully say I have never stuffed up the image at this stage (knocking on wood as I type!), though it is quite frightening wondering what will come out of the die cut machine! PLUS make sure you keep all of the little coloured pieces to add back into the picture - like the middle of the e and o - these go down with the first layer of white to complete the picture.


Here's a side on view of the layered die cut.

1 comment:

Wilma said...

Gorgeous card Debbie, to welcome a little one, very sweet! Beautifully done, I like the colors you used and what you did with 'hello.' Very pretty!
Have a lovely weekend.
Hug, Wilma.

PS: By the way, did my last 2 comments disappear in your spam-list maybe?