Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2022

The World Needs a Hug


This gorgeous image is called "Hug" and is by Mo Manning. It really spoke to me because with the way the world is at the moment I think we could all do with a hug, especially after the last couple of years dealing with Covid and all that has taken away from us all! But this isn't just about the pandemic. The colours I used are important - they pay homage to Ukraine as well as to the BLM movement. Let's not forget that these are children depicted and with the recent school massacre in Uvalde I want to honour the victims there too.

I don't usually use my craft to showcase global issues - but there comes a time where you need to get the feelings out in any way you can!

BIG HUGS everyone
xXx

1 comment:

Wilma said...

I think you have a right statement here, Debbie. You made a very beautiful and sweet card! Let's hope that things will get better in the world but I'm afraid that...
Anyway, do have a nice weekend!
Love, Wilma