Pages

Thursday, October 26, 2017

A Tartan Wedding


I made this card for a cousin's wedding in The UK and I can finally show it to you as i know they've received it. The groom is Scottish and his family tartan was going to appear prominently in the wedding so I wanted to incorporate it in their card. I used a photo of his kilt and printed it out to create the background paper. I also printed a small version of it so I could cut out a "kilt" and layer it onto my image over the original suit pants lines. Colouring the lower leg of the pants in skintones adds to the illusion he's wearing a kilt - thank goodness most of his legs are hidden behind the dress. 

I used a Kaisercraft embossing folder on the white circle - it's called "Stone" but in this context I actually think it looks a bit like confetti fluttering around the newlyweds:)

The image is Geeky Love Getting Married from Make it Crafty - there's a whole series of these fabulous characters covering many of life's memorable moments.

Copics Used
Skin - E11, E04, E00, E000, R20, R11
Hair - Bride:E43, E41, Y23, YR09, YR04 Groom:E18, E15, E13
Dress - B21, B0000
Jacket - BG78, BG75, BG72, BG70
Flowers - G29, YG17, YR09, Y38

1 comment:

Ann Marie Governale said...

Such a fabulous idea to personalize this image. Amazing and such a beautiful keepsake!