Pages

Monday, February 6, 2017

Valentines/Love in La-La Land


I lost my dad on February 14th 1982 and ever since Valentine's Day has been a tough day for me. As a cardmaker there is an expectation that I will create something for this day but it's always tough. This year a close friend of mine said to me...

"I can totally understand your not embracing the Valentines spirit. At least it is all about the heart and love, that definitely fits for your dad!"

These beautiful words inspired me to  create this layout of my dad. This picture means a lot to me from the memory of the teasing at home when my dad brought about 20 photos home so he could choose the best one for his passport - who has THAT kind of choice - LOL. This photo also makes an appearance in many of my wedding photos - it was great to have him included in such an important day for me even if he wasn't with us.

Love you Dad - ALWAYS

Bracket and Arrows Set {LLLC Club February 2016 - instore HERE soon}

No comments: