Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Aurora Wings Challenge #42


Welcome to my first Aurora Wings post for 2017. This challenge the theme is.....


I've used the GORGEOUS Myabi (Full Version) for my card. I thought it would make the main character pop from the background if I coloured the background flowers in greyscale, and I'm rapt with how it turned out. I wanted to make sure her hair wasn't just in black and grey so it would appear to be a part of the coloured section and not part of the background. The touch of blue was the perfect fix.

My humblest of apologies - I got so caught up in the colouring that I forgot to write down the colours I used for this one - the background is done in the cool grey family though. 

Don't forget to check out the rest of the AMAZING DT inspiration on our BLOGWe also have a very active Facebook Fan Group with additional contests, challenges and inspiration.  We hope to see you there. 

3 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Debbie, this totally blew me away! Your choice of colors is exquisite and against the greyscale of the flowers they just pop off the page. Brilliant coloring and exquisite design. The delicate bow and double matting with the embossing are just icing on the cake. YUMMY! xxD (I would be interested to know what blue you used on her hair. GORGEOUS! Love, love, LOVE! xxD

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

This has got to be the most successful art with three primary colors, Debbie! How you achieved the beautiful balance between greyscale background and the main figure in full color seamlessly is amazing, but how you used yellow, red, and blue in such eye-pleasing harmony is stunning. I especially LOVE the blue in the highlights of her black hair!! Thank you so much for this exquisite inspiration for our first challenge of 2017 at Aurora Wings!! Mitzi xxx

Unknown said...

I love the contrast between the colored part and the b&w one. The hair is so shiny and the color combo for the kimono is vibrant! I love all the colors you have chosen.